Mineral rights value lea county New Mexico

We just discovered that my family has had an overriding royalty interest in Section 21,T265, R35E in Lea County, NM. We have had this interest for several decades. We are trying to find out the names of current operators, wells in this section, any present or past information that we can find.

How did you determine that you were entitled to but obviously not being paid on this ORI? I have the same concerns and am trying to figure out how to best research to see if we have more rights in Lea County than we currently are aware of.

Doug

Derrick, did the operator put your royalties into a suspense account?

Can you verify the Township? T265 does not exist. I am guessing it is T26 or 25? Impetro Operating has an old active vertical well in T26. Concho has many Horizontal Wells in T25.

Most likely the “5” is actually an “S”. Another way to write it is: Section 21 in T 26 S, R 35 E, which means Section 21 in Township 26 South, Range 35 East.

I also suspect that my father held more mineral rights. My problem is the same as yours. I do not know how to find royalty interest/ mineral rights. All of my father’s papers were in very poor order. I found out about the interest because a landman working on the well did the work to rundown a lot of details including our ownership.He sent us the original documents. If you find a way to do searches to find more interest, please let me know. The answer to the final question aThanks for you. Getting information on back royalty payments particularly since the well produced for decades and had lots of different operators. Best of luck- I just realized that the comments were from a question in May 2019.If you have any information about your case I would be grateful. Thanks Bridget

I guess the Lea County oil fields are gaining a lot of interest. I was recently contacted by someone who wants to by my oil interests that I did not realize I had. Plus he says I have even more. Some how I need to research this. Sec. 33 Two 22s Rng 32E. Any info you get, please share.

The bulk of Sec 33 of 22S 32E is in a Federal Lease from the 1980s. NM-077060. If you own there, I guess you have/inherited an ORRI in that lease.

That is often not easy to research. Things like “I am not sure what I own overall, can somebody tell me” are things that might require more money to solve than it would be worth for you.

That lease extends into Sec 34 and has existing producers on it in both Sec 33 and 34 so if you own there and are not receiving anything from Oxy then you are in suspense. Could contact Oxy owner relations/land dept and ask them what your status is in Red Tank and Taco Cat wells.

Or maybe ask the person who offered you what they show you owning and in what lease(s). That you want an offer showing lease #s and ownership or NRA.

I think others are correct that you will have to spend money to figure out what your family owns. You could hire a landman to do some searches in the county records. If you decide to work with a mineral broker, they might do it for free thinking they will ultimately earn a commission for helping you sell the minerals. If you want to do it yourself, you could try some searches in the third-party website basinlandrecords.com. It is fee based and you have to have a subscription, but you can search most recorded instruments in the past ~30 years in Eddy and Lea Counties, New Mexico.