Mineral rights value at this time

Our Mother’s estate is now getting ready to close and the mineral shares divided. Our family has mineral rights ownership in , Blaine, Custer and Dewey county, OK. There was hope that the minerals could be sold by the Estate prior to closing. The family received an offer back in March 2021 for the entire lot which was WAY below what the appraisal value is. - of course the entire family agreed to not accept the offer. Has there been any offers for purchase in these areas and if so what are they selling for per acre? I did see other posts that offers were being made and there was mention made that many companies offering wanted the royalties that went with the mineral rights.

Offers will depend upon the particular section, township and range in each county. I have had several offers in the last few weeks for some acreage in Blaine. Happens to have several new wells drilling on it that they hoped I did not know about. Lucky for our family I did and am not selling as the first well performed quite nicely.

1 Like

Where are they drilling several new wells in Blaine county?

Continental is drilling 2 wells in 14n-13w.

1 Like

Thank you Todd for that information. Would this be in Section 7? My Mother’s estate owns in Sec 7-16N-13W.

The permits for Blaine in the last 365 days are in 19N-12W, 19N-10W, 18N-12W. 17N-13W, 16N-12W, 16N-10W, 15N-13W, 15N-10W, 14N-13W. 13N-12W. Mostly Devon, but a few Continental Resources, Staghorn, Kodiak, Sanguine.

1 Like

Thanks for the up-dated information.

Hi Martha, do you know of any leasing taking place in Haskell County, OK. … I always like reading your answers to questions…

There have been 89 leases filed in the last two years in Haskell. 8N-20E was the most popular in 2019-mostly section 31. 33-9N-18E was the most popular in 2020. 22&27 9N-22E are the most popular so far in 2021

Hey Martha, I have holdings in Blaine 18n 12w sects 5 & 6. I have received no payments of the wells that I know about so I don’t think they are held by production. Should I have been receiving notices or lease offers on these areas. (sw4 and ne4) Also, is there a public site (non subscription) that I can use to look these up?

I do not see any current wells in those sections. No recent OCC cases for 5 or 6. Last case for 5 was in 2017 with Highmark for spacing but they dismissed their poolng. No well was drilled. Last leasing in 5 or 6 was back in 2017. Nothing ever came of it. No recent leasing in that township at all in the last few years. Geology must not warrant it at this time. Staghorn has some permits in 31 & 33 in late 2020.

I found that there are people out there that offer this specific service. Just Google “mineral appraiser”.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.