Mineral rights Tyler county wv

I need help ASAP! So I was contacted 4 days ago by Antero. They stated that I own mineral rights(no surface rights) on a 15acre tract in Tyler County, WV. I have very limited knowledge about mineral rights. The Antero guy said that I own 0.00521 of mineral rights on this 15 acre tract inherited from my grandmother who passed in 2016. I knew nothing about it until 4 days ago. He stated that I need to sign the offer paper by 10/1. I received the papers certified mail yesterday, the offer that he made seems like chump change to me but honestly idk. What do y’all think the going rate for 0.00521 worth of mineral rights is worth on 15 acres?
He also told me that he doesn’t really need my approval & would just take it to court if I don’t. Almost seems like a scam. Y would he even reach out if he didn’t need 2??He seemed like a faster talker & I don’t know what to do. Please help me understand.

Thanks in Advance.

Lewis, Do you have other relatives that have leases on the same 15 acres? Ask what they received. Was your grandmother receiving royalties from producing wells or is the lease for proposed drilling? If you know where your 15 acres are located and have the parcel numbers you could check on the Tyler Co website and dep.wv.gov site on the Database and Map page to see if existing or permitted wells cross your property. You will see there are numerous wells producing or permitted across Tyler Co. Many of them are associated with Antero. Sounds like the landman is strong arming with the 10/1 signing date.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.