Mineral rights Solano county ca

Hello my family has owned rights in an area of Solano county for over 50 years. Over time we received checks for gas companies who mined for natural gas. When prices dropped they capped wells. Flash forward and now a group wants to build over our rights. First offers have come in. Looking for a land man or mineral rights attorney . Thank you

See my answer to your other posting.

Hello Graciejinx: I’m uncertain what questions you have concerning your mineral rights but assume that it has to do with the developer wanting you to waive your rights to use the surface. Given that the gas wells were P&A’d, it is presumed that the gas was, for the most part, completely produced. The issue is, what can you do with your mineral rights, now?

While your mineral rights may seem to be relatively valueless given that the gas is mostly exhausted (which is only presumed due to the gas company P&A’ing the wells), it is unknown what other minerals you might have the ability to produce in the future.

If you have large acreage then I suggest that you ask for drill islands which are surface set asides to allow you to access your mineral rights while the surface owner can develop all of the other acreage. If it is relatively small acreage, however, it may be worth the money to simply sell or waive your surface rights for monetary compensation. The amount of which, is solely up for negotiation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much Jean.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.