Mineral rights Sec 16 Blk 32 T-2-N Howard County

Yes, the offer has about doubled and I’ve done nothing yet–I am first working to ensure the the heir is established and speaking with an attorney today to get that done. Thanks you!

Good afternoon! We just received 9 Division Orders for the Scott and Jonah units from Encana. The type of mineral interests my grandson inherited is Non-participating royalty interest, which I understand is not available to lease but the rights could be sold. As legal guardian to my grandson, I am not interested in selling at all but wanted to understand a little more about why we received so many DOs. I am assuming whatever drilling is being done pertaining to the mineral (decimal interest?) rights since Encana also sent a direct deposit form to be filled out and returned. Could you please share any insight?

Typically each well requires a Division Order to be signed. So if there are 9 wells being drilled within the units, you would receive 9 Division Orders. the DO interest is what the company is showing as your interest in each well. You’ll want to confirm that the interest is correct as mistakes occur from time to time.

Thank you. Do you know how I can go about verifying the decimal percentage?

Sorry for the delayed response. You’ll start with the net acres that you own. If all of that acreage is in the unit, it’s as simple as taking your net acres divided by the total number of acres in the unit and then multiplying that number by your lease royalty.

1 Like