Mineral Rights Relative Location and Lease Bonus

My siblings and I have about 13 acres collectively in Andrews County W/2 Section 5 Block A 40 PSLS and are trying to work out the details of a lease offer we have for $750 an acre. I can't seem to find a section map for Andrews county to figure out where that is. Can someone point me in the direction of a map and/or give me some details about where in the county this might be, especially in relationship to the known shale formations and current drilling activity?

(I have seen some general mapping of the shales in the area from articles posted in this forum.)

Any thoughts about that bonus amount? Seems higher than others mentioned recently except for the ones in the east part of the county in the hot spots, assuming ours isn't in a hot spot. (Yet!)

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/internet-resources-for-mineral-owners

This article has links to the GLO website, which has the block and section numbers.

Wow! Great resource I couldn't find no matter what I googled. Thanks! It looks like we're on the opposite end of the county from the real fun but still with some activity in the area.

Sometimes it is easier to search by Abstract No. Yours is A-781. Section 10, Block A-40 is (as you know by now) in the far western part of the county about 20 or 25 miles due west of Andrews. Bonus offers west of Andrews have been higher lately so it is not surprising to see $750. Make sure you get a good royalty payment - that's important in the long run.

I could have put that bonus in context a little better, it's proposed with .25 royalty on a three year lease.

Have you already signed a least for this acreage?

Not yet. We're trying to work out the details.

We might be interested in leasing this acreage. Do you have an email address I can use to continue our discussion?

email sent with a friend request.