Mineral rights purchase 36 1 S 4 W

I have been getting proposals to purchase my mineral rights. Does anyone know what fair vale maybe. I do know the Black Mesa Energy is trying to get approval for horizontal well. Currently from 2 producers about $220 a month. Old leases at 1/8 royalty. Thanks

I cannot comment on a “fair” value. Market value is what “a willing and informed seller under no compulsion to sell and a willing and informed buyer under no compulsion to buy” agree to. Black Mesa is going for a horizontal well deeper into the Sycamore or the Woodford. South half of 25 and all of 36. The Woodford is the source rock for the shallow Shock Sims unit which currently holds you. Camino drilled a Sycamore horizontal in sec 9 and completed it in late 2020. Pretty good well. The horizontal well hearing is later this week.

Martha, Perhaps I should have phrased it better! I didn’t mean to put you on the spot. But what I was wondering is if you had seen any indications of what has been paid for mineral rights in that section or close by. I have been offered in mid four figures. Any thoughts would help me make a decision. Thanks again, Bruce .

I have heard of very high four digits for 3/16ths and five digits for 1/4th. Those were back in 2019 when offers tended to be pretty high. I have had some recent fishing phone calls for nearby acreage, but no amounts were given.

I was trying to clarify that what someone thinks is “fair” may be quite different that what current “market value” offers might be.

Sundance Kid was just completed in sections 26/35 next to you. I don’t see the report yet.

Hello I am part of the Sundance well and the group of wells I recieved some paper on it so they drilled in old casing

Sundance Kid is a new horizontal well-not through old casing (which would be very rare). It just came online in July, so Division Orders are going out. Surface location is 2601S04W.

well info: https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.asp

well production: https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php