Mineral Rights Protection

I am the title owner of various mineral rights. Some of these rights include sand and gravel. Do I have the right without special language in my title deed, to post on the border of the surface, above my mineral rights, signs stating that I am the owner of the mineral rights and that they cannot be removed without my permission?

Keith,

In Oklahoma and Texas I would be checking the state statutes to determine what my rights are as a mineral owner and at what depth my mineral rights take precedence over the surface owner. In Oklahoma that would be Title 52 of the state statutes. Then I would be calling my good and trustworthy oil and gas attorney to confirm what I believe to be right.

If you’re in Oklahoma, I can hook you up with a trustworthy oil and gas attorney.

M. D. Wood
www.melsmineralmanagement.com

Hi M, D.,

Very much appreciate your reply. I had a great uncle who owned some radio stations in Oklahoma City…Bonebrake was the name. I heard that his Harvard educated son took over the business and things didn’t go so well.

I am a new comer to this game, having been in the recreational land business for many years. I didn’t wise up and start reserving mineral rights until very late, but I am catching on now. I own various tracts with all the mineral rights including the sand and gravel, and others with only the oil and gas, and in between. Some of these are not in the immediate shale gas area.

Maybe your attorney could reccommend an attorney on the New York/Pennsylvania border, where I think one might be located…Hopefull practicing in both states.

Thanks so much Keith Van Buskirk

Let me check with him and I’ll let you know.

Keith L. Van Buskirk said:

Hi M, D.,

Very much appreciate your reply. I had a great uncle who owned some radio stations in Oklahoma City…Bonebrake was the name. I heard that his Harvard educated son took over the business and things didn’t go so well.

I am a new comer to this game, having been in the recreational land business for many years. I didn’t wise up and start reserving mineral rights until very late, but I am catching on now. I own various tracts with all the mineral rights including the sand and gravel, and others with only the oil and gas, and in between. Some of these are not in the immediate shale gas area.

Maybe your attorney could reccommend an attorney on the New York/Pennsylvania border, where I think one might be located…Hopefull practicing in both states.

Thanks so much Keith Van Buskirk

Keith,

Our attorney is not familiar with oil and gas attorneys in your area. You might pose that question here on Mineral Web.J

M. D. Wood said:
Keith,

Our attorney is not familiar with oil and gas attorneyE\s in your area. You might pose that question here on Mineral Web.J

Will do. Thanks M.D.