Mineral rights owner

Just learned I am the owner of mineral righta on a small plot in marion county and the gas drilling company is asking me to sign a lease. What is the going rate right now in that area? and should I encourage others to join with me?

Beckey:

I am not familiar with lease bonuses in West Virginia, but if you click on "Groups" at the top; click on "County Groups" ; scroll to West Virginia; then to Marion County, you will find an individual has given an email address. Most likely this individual owns minerals in that area and might be able to answer your question. Also, you could post on this site and someone else might be able to assist you.

Ms. Weigand, I would say that if you could band together with others for collective bargaining and possibly share attorney fees, it would be a good idea.

thanks for the advice

r w kennedy said:

Ms. Weigand, I would say that if you could band together with others for collective bargaining and possibly share attorney fees, it would be a good idea.

thanks for the advice - will do that

charles s mallory said:

Beckey:

I am not familiar with lease bonuses in West Virginia, but if you click on "Groups" at the top; click on "County Groups" ; scroll to West Virginia; then to Marion County, you will find an individual has given an email address. Most likely this individual owns minerals in that area and might be able to answer your question. Also, you could post on this site and someone else might be able to assist you.