Mineral rights offer in Matagorda County,Tx

I have surface rights on 75 acres in Matagorda county. The mineral rights owner has offered to sell me 50% for 25K. Is it worth it? R Reese

If you own part of the minerals you would have more control as to what goes on on your land. If it were me, I would try to buy at least some of the minerals.

Thank you, What percentage do you recommend? If I own a smaller percentage, wouldn't he still have control or how much control would I have on the land? I am new at this and I need advice. Thanks

With as little as 1% you will have input on surface operations. If you think that $25,000.00 is a fair price for 1/2 of the minerals, then I would buy them.

No matter what percentage you have control over what goes on. Should you purchase the mineral, then if you lease them that is the time to protect your surface.

russell reese said:

Thank you, What percentage do you recommend? If I own a smaller percentage, wouldn't he still have control or how much control would I have on the land? I am new at this and I need advice. Thanks

Thank you!

If you buy even part of the mineral rights, make sure you get executive rights to the part you buy.