Mineral rights offer from Community Minerals

I was offered $1800.00 to buy the mineral rights I have at Township 03, Range 05 West of the Uintah Special Meridian. Section 31: NE/4SW/4, NW/4SE/4. I haven’t counter-offered yet but would like to find out how much this is actually worth. I talked to the people who were drilling and he said they were drilling in section 34…but I don’t think any activity is actually going on right now.

EP Energy is quite active in the area, but there are no new wells proposed or actively being drilled on these lands. Your minerals certainly have value and will eventually be drilled.

It’s impossible to consider the offer without knowing how many net mineral acres you own. Did they state $1,800 per net mineral acre? Or is that the total offer? If it is the total offer, ask how many net mineral acres they think you own. I have seen minerals go in the central basin here for between $500-$3,500/nma.

Thank you for your reply. I actually have 5 acres but they want to buy all 5 for $1800.00. I like $3500.00 an acre much better :wink: They are aware of the acreage. I declined that offer but haven’t countered. EP is the company we have a lease with.

Yes, $360/acre is too low for your interest. If I were you and I didn’t need the money, I would hold out and see what the future brings.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. I will give keep it and hope something happens in the future. Thank you for your input.

Hello I’m new here my dad passed away leaving me and my two brother’s some mineral rights in uintah county does any body know if there are any wells in the northeast quarter and the north half of the southeast quater of section 26 in township 3 south range1 west u.s.m. and also the north half of the southwest quarter of section 25 in township 3 south range 1 west u.s.m. thank you

Welcome to the forum and I am so sorry for your loss.

Try looking using the Utah oil and gas site. https://www.ogm.utah.gov/

Here is a site I find most useful…https://datamining.ogm.utah.gov

Good Luck with your search.

There are three wells producing since 2017-2018 in Section 26 (CPG 1-26-35-3-1W-H1, Badger 1-26-35-3-1W-H4, and Badger 1-26-35-3-1W-H2). All three are operated by CH4-Finley. If your family owns an interest in this section, you should be receiving royalties from production. I would start with contacting the operator and inquiring about whether the interest is reported in your dad’s name. They are a pretty responsive and helpful operator. You may need to do a probate and distribution to get the interest in your name.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.