Mineral Rights Lease in Moffat County

We inherited 320 acres in Moffat County in Township 9 North, Range 94 West, 6th Section 21: W/2; I have no clue where this is since I'm in another state. So I was wandering if anyone knows what the price per acre might be for the mineral rights in this area? We currently have a lease with someone and were contacted by Quick Silver who wants us to renew as our family has always done with out renegotiating the contract, but looking at this site it appears that we should be getting a better price per acre. If Someone who is more familiar with this area can confirm the prices around that location that would be quit helpful.

go to the cogcc.com website and pull up maps . Then zoom in to Moffit. Your section is pretty un-active at this point. There are a few old wells but nothing happening for many miles around. Click on the legend on the 4 check boxes for Oil wells. What your looking for is the green and blue boxes. These are current applications for drilling. Everthing red is old wells. do a web search like example " 05-123-17325 production" . If those red dots are still producing it should come up. The zoom out when the green and blue boxes present. Pan over to other counties and you will see where all the action is.

https://www.eser.org/moffat-county-1-8-wildcat-field-quicksilver-resources-inc-moffat-county-colorado-9n-94w-8 I see that Quicksilver does have one ‘wildcat’ producing field in section 8 over there. I just signed a lease with quicksilver over an inherited right in T6N R90W and wish I hadn’t. Still no bonus money and the more I learn about the leases from posts like Buddy’s etc the more I feel I wish we would have waited. We did get $500/acre (in theory anyway), but there are things about the lease that I don’t like now that is is signed. Good job getting on here and researching though! Best of luck.

did you deal with them yourself ?

Tami Camper said:

https://www.eser.org/moffat-county-1-8-wildcat-field-quicksilver-re... I see that Quicksilver does have one 'wildcat' producing field in section 8 over there. I just signed a lease with quicksilver over an inherited right in T6N R90W and wish I hadn't. Still no bonus money and the more I learn about the leases from posts like Buddy's etc the more I feel I wish we would have waited. We did get $500/acre (in theory anyway), but there are things about the lease that I don't like now that is is signed. Good job getting on here and researching though! Best of luck.

I tried going to that website but it didn’t have a a link to maps did I do something wrong?

Skip Bouvette said:

go to the cogcc.com website and pull up maps . Then zoom in to Moffit. Your section is pretty un-active at this point. There are a few old wells but nothing happening for many miles around. Click on the legend on the 4 check boxes for Oil wells. What your looking for is the green and blue boxes. These are current applications for drilling. Everthing red is old wells. do a web search like example " 05-123-17325 production" . If those red dots are still producing it should come up. The zoom out when the green and blue boxes present. Pan over to other counties and you will see where all the action is.

Tammi : Hi Thank you for responding. I’m sorry my response was so short the kids just started back to school so I’m distracted. In your response it said you saw that Quicksilver does have another wildcat producing field in section 8 over there. How did you see that? Is there a way I can check on this myself?

Tami Camper said:

https://www.eser.org/moffat-county-1-8-wildcat-field-quicksilver-re... I see that Quicksilver does have one 'wildcat' producing field in section 8 over there. I just signed a lease with quicksilver over an inherited right in T6N R90W and wish I hadn't. Still no bonus money and the more I learn about the leases from posts like Buddy's etc the more I feel I wish we would have waited. We did get $500/acre (in theory anyway), but there are things about the lease that I don't like now that is is signed. Good job getting on here and researching though! Best of luck.

I have the same problem when I type in the web address. It does not go to the correct site. Try typing in the search “cogcc”. It always works that way for me.

Joanie Paul said:

I tried going to that website but it didn't have a a link to maps did I do something wrong?

Skip Bouvette said:

Just click on this link and then push "continue". It'll take you to the map.

https://www.eser.org/moffat-county-1-8-wildcat-field-quicksilver-resources-inc-moffat-county-colorado-9n-94w-8

Joanie Paul said:

Tammi : Hi Thank you for responding. I'm sorry my response was so short the kids just started back to school so I'm distracted. In your response it said you saw that Quicksilver does have another wildcat producing field in section 8 over there. How did you see that? Is there a way I can check on this myself?

Tami Camper said:

No…through a landman named Scott Parsons. We were approached by 3 or 4 and his offer was the best for bonus and royalties (assuming they actually appear). He is really nice and always answers his phone/emails, he just says the delay in payment is because of Quicksilver.

Joanie Paul said:

did you deal with them yourself ?

Tami Camper said:

I know this isn’t mineral related, but I understand the distracted parent mind. My friend gave me this the other day. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6oHBG3ABUJU&vq=medium

Joanie Paul said:

Tammi : Hi Thank you for responding. I'm sorry my response was so short the kids just started back to school so I'm distracted. In your response it said you saw that Quicksilver does have another wildcat producing field in section 8 over there. How did you see that? Is there a way I can check on this myself?

Tami Camper said: