Mineral rights Kings and Kern County, California

Can anyone help me with what the the Oil and Gas Mineral Rights are worth in the counties of King and Kern in the Bakersfield area of California. My mother was offered $50.00 per acre with 1/6 in royalties.

Thank you,

Michael Nowakowski

Hi Michael,

I recieved the same offer. Mine is in Tulare County... but mine is the same area as your mom. Mine is Township 23 South, Range 23 East, M.D.B &M. I only have 10 acres... but I have done tons of research and this lease seems fair to me... and it seems mostly rare that these energy companies even find gas or oil... rare I think to get royalty checks of any value...so I am not even going to seek an attorney, I am just going to sign the lease. If the area produces, great and if not... I will keep my day job!

Thanks for the input Denise. Found wells that were drilled and sealed in the late forties, early fifties and possibly seventies on my mom's sections. No production reports. Looks like some type of exploration (Sonic ???) was done on these sections in 2008. As someone new to this game, I don't know if there is some new type of technology that might makes theses well's profitable, do to the price of oil in this day and age. Should someone be weary of the first offer? Thanks again.............

Hi Michael,

yes, unfortunately I saw the production history also and it does not look like any oil was ever found in the area and certainly no gas. So I am not sure why they are going to try again. Does oil and gas magically appear in spots that it was not before? I dont know. Anyways, you can email me privately if you would like to chat more about it. denise3471@yahoo.com

Hi Denise sending you an email from: gilglas@msn.com

Michael Nowakowski

Hi Denise, we have mineral rights township24 range 23 Tulare county. We were given an offer of $98 per acre 5 yr lease with 5yr option.1/6 royalties. Just to be on the safe side we had our attorney look at it and he basicly said it was not a good offer. I talked with someone that works for a mineral rights co and he said his company owns rights in the area but are holding out for $1200 acre. He called the area Monterey Shale. He seemed to think the area had some possibilities, could be a big deal. Good luck.

Denise Wilson said:

Hi Michael,

I recieved the same offer. Mine is in Tulare County... but mine is the same area as your mom. Mine is Township 23 South, Range 23 East, M.D.B &M. I only have 10 acres... but I have done tons of research and this lease seems fair to me... and it seems mostly rare that these energy companies even find gas or oil... rare I think to get royalty checks of any value...so I am not even going to seek an attorney, I am just going to sign the lease. If the area produces, great and if not... I will keep my day job!

Hello People, I'm new to this site, finding it just this weekend. I also have mineral rights in almost the exact same area. I have been offered a lease by a "Landman", but it was quite a bit less than what you were offered. Would you please send me the contact information for the comapny that made you an offer and the company your friend works for? After a fair amount of research, I'm still a little confused by this business. Thanks you for your help. Morgan Mayfield