My employer recently inherited a significant amount of mineral rights in the Saskatchewan area (Torquay specifically).
I am assisting him in finding someone that may be interested in leasing his mineral rights.
We are located in Scottsdale, AZ and are not familiar with the process of leasing Canadian mineral rights.
We are familiar with the mineral right leasing process in the US as we currently lease some of our mineral rights in Montana and North Dakota.
I was wondering if any of you are familiar with any online resources that we can use to see what similar mineral rights located near our mineral rights are being leased for and by whom? Are you aware of any public record sites that may help us?
Thank you so much!
FHOA sight has a map and bonus rates created by member participation. I aggressively search the Internet for news around our area. Questterre, Tundra are producers. Scott Land and lease is a landsman service. Look on their web sight.
I am a Petroleum Engineer by trade with 14 years experience working in Saskatchewan & Manitoba. I recently founded the website www.mineralrights.ca; designed to help individuals like yourself. The site is currently being redone to integrate an auction process.
Here is how it works:
1. Mineral right owners (like your colleague) sign up to the website and upload the information required for your mineral rights.
2. At your timing, you select that you would like to host an auction on a parcel of mineral rights (could be one quarter or a combination of quarters). Make sure to set your minimum bid acceptable and upload conditions to the lease you would like.
3. MineralRights.ca markets your mineral rights to resource companies that would be interested in them (at our cost) for a period of 7 - 10 days.
4. MineralRights.ca hosts an online auction with the three most important variables: Bonus Payment, Royalty Rate (%) and Term (yrs). The online auction will last 10 days.
5. MineralRights.ca will work with their partners to execute the legal documents necessary for the lease. 7 - 10 day process.
6. If your auction is successful, I get paid a 5% fee for doing all the work and hosting the auction. If your auction is NOT successful, I get paid nothing.
Why work with mineralrights.ca??
1. Price Discovery
2. Guaranteed Fair Market Value
3. Eliminates the negotiation between a specialist and a mineral right owner, who may or may not be a specialist in that field.
4. You only pay based on success. The higher value you get, the more value I receive.
I look forward to hopefully working with you to lease your mineral rights. I can be contacted at 306-539-6324 at your earliest convenience.
PS - I also provide analysis services (fee per service) of your mineral rights. If you would like to learn about neighbouring production and / or activity, recent land sales etc : I would be glad to help out. I own a licence to a software package that is equivalent to what the resource companies use to source my information.