Mineral Rights in Limestone County Texas

I have lost all information on mineral rights that I inherited from my Grandfather in Kosse Texas (Limestone County). I was approched many years ago by a landman who leased them for Connco Oil. I received some checks, but that was it. I have no idea what has happened to them and no record of what I have. My Grandfather's name was Allie Moss, and my Uncle's name was Boyd Tillman. This all I remember and could really use some help on moving forward with locating my mineral rights. Thank You Charley Alexander...

I recommend that you either hire a landman or your local title company to research the old mineral deeds or do it yourself. Go to your county courthouse and look in the Deed Records. The clerks will help you get started & show you what to do to find the deeds. It's not hard. It's like a library.

Look up all the old deeds under the name Allie Moss - surface deeds, mineral deeds, and oil & gas leases.

Good Luck!

Elizabeth Taylor

Dear Mr. Alexander,

I recognized your name right away, and of course Mr. Moss and Mr. Tillman's. My name is Pat Malone, daughter of Dempsey. Mr. Cotten is correct. You might have to do some digging, but it's there in Groesbeck at the courthouse. Since daddy died, I have been leasing the Malone home place (in Eutaw) as a hay field. It grows the best coastal around ... when it rains. Mother said to tell you "hello."

Good luck!

Your friend,

Pat

Wow! Hi Pat, I really shocked to hear from you, but so glad you wrote me! So many years have passed & I'm not sure I remember you folks. Did your Dad & Mom call or come by to see me in Burnet some years back? Anyway I'm trying to find out what happened to some mineral rights my Mom, Sister & I inherited. Talked to the clerk in Groesbeck & she said her records only go back to the early 80's. I think the last time I remember having any records, was back in the early 70's. So, Ms. Pat Malone how is it that I know You & your Parents? Please forgive my bad memory, but look forward to hearing more from you. Thanks Charley..

Good Grief, that doesn't make sense, unless the courthouse had a fire or a flood. What happened to all the deeds? The clerk should have deed records back to the early settlement of the county in the 1800's.

If your father &/or uncle had wills that were probated, look those up in the county records. Each will should have a List of Appraisement, Inventory, & Claims that should list producing minerals.

If you know the legal description of the surface, you can check with the Texas Railroad Department (for your district). Google it the district map to start out with. It will give you the telephone number of the director in your district whom you could call for assistance. This will only be of help if there were any wells drilled on the property under which you have the minerals. You can find out the names of the oil companies that drilled & contact them for copies of the old leases with your father and/or uncle.

Liz Taylor

Charlie, the courthouse records go back much further than the 80's ... she probablymeant electronically. Mother said she thought you were living on Horse Shoe Bay. Dempsey Malone is/was my Dad and passed on June 25, 2008. A few years prior, we had a nice visit with Billy Moss and about a year before Mr. Tillman passed, we met him at the auction barn and had lunch. Billy Boyd, his son, passed on about 6 years ago. Most of the properties were sold.

I think we can converse another way on this site, where everyone doesn't have to "reunion" with us ... check it out. I think I might be going up that way this weekend. I usually stay awhile. Pat

charles ray alexander said:

Wow! Hi Pat, I really shocked to hear from you, but so glad you wrote me! So many years have passed & I'm not sure I remember you folks. Did your Dad & Mom call or come by to see me in Burnet some years back? Anyway I'm trying to find out what happened to some mineral rights my Mom, Sister & I inherited. Talked to the clerk in Groesbeck & she said her records only go back to the early 80's. I think the last time I remember having any records, was back in the early 70's. So, Ms. Pat Malone how is it that I know You & your Parents? Please forgive my bad memory, but look forward to hearing more from you. Thanks Charley..

Hi Pat, I'm not real good on this computer! Would like to talk to you more. Look me up when your up this way. Are you on facebook? My office # is 512-756-6259. thxs. Charley...