Mineral rights in Hemphill Co. Texas

Last July we leased acreage in Hemphill Co. TX with Mjc resources they said they were leasing agents for Cordillera Oil Co. based in Colorada. We have not recieved any information since that time. Is there anyone who knows anyone that has dealt with them or how we could find out what is going on.

It was probably at least a 3 year lease, if so they have 2 more years at least. Be patient as you probably won’t receive any information from them unless they drill a well. If you must, It is always better to get it from the horses mouth, pick up a telephone and call them, they are the only ones who are going to know what is going on as you put it.

Thanks Joe,

Yes it is a 3 year lease. This lease involves several family members that I have never had contact with is there a way of finding out their names and contact information. I was left 20% of mineral rights on several acres of land in hemphill co. TX by a step grandfather and would like to find out who else has interest. The latest lease signed was for property in the granite wash area.

Granite Wash well would be nice to have. You can keep watching the RRC web site for a permit. Calling may not yield much as many are unwilling to tell much. Most will always say they are going to drill soon and few do what they say.

I went onto RRC wb site but i get complely lost. I don’t have any lease numbers etc. to find any info?

Mineral Joe said:

Granite Wash well would be nice to have. You can keep watching the RRC web site for a permit. Calling may not yield much as many are unwilling to tell much. Most will always say they are going to drill soon and few do what they say.

Here is the link to the permit application query page where you can input broad county particulars or just your tract information to view applications and permits issued. You don't need any lease number to use RRC's web site or gis mapping

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do

Thanks Joe, I checked it out, but don't see anything that pertains to our lease. Thank you for help.

It seems as if the Cordillera leases have “confidentiality clauses.” But speaking from what I have learned on the internet, they seem to have about 230,000 acres under lease. Plus, I suspect they have even more leased through straw men. That is a lot of territory for the few drilling rigs they have working. It may be a long time until they get to your property.

The lease period may expire before they get to your property. Do some research on line about the Granite Wash and be ready when they approach you to release. If you have several properties, put them on separate leases so that one lease does not hold up production on the other properties.

Make sure your leases have a “no deduction clause” and a “Pugh Clause” also known in Texas as a “Freestone Rider.”

Cordillera through MJC Resources recently released two sections of our property in Hemphill County. Everyone else signed their lease in February and March of 2011, but my lease was not completed until late December because I went to a lawyer. I did so for several reasons, the foremost being that in total, but divided in various percentages by 32 people, the lease was around $2 million, the largest our family has ever seen since the ranch was originally drilled on back in the mid-1950s. I believe that Cordillera is leasing hundreds of thousands of acres in order to sell to another company down the line. Whatever the reason, I am a happy camper, even though it bumped me up two income brackets for 2011.

The attorney really tightened the lease. It did not have a Pugh Clause, and a really iffy shut-in clause that benefitted Cordillera but not the land owners. The lawyer's advice was well worth his fee.

My family leased about four sections through another landsman. I feel that the lawyer was worth every penny we paid him.

According to what I read on line, it appears that Cordillera III is interested in selling properties in Roger Mills County, Oklahoma and Wheeler County, Texas.

https://zephyr2.bvdep.com/FullEditorialNews.serv?product

This first came out in October, but I suspect they are waiting to see if the Keystone pipeline will be approved. If it isn’t, I suspect our properties will be worth more. That is just my suspicion.