Mineral Rights in Dimmit County

My family owns mineral rights on 40 acres in Dimmit County. I would like to know how to get someone interested in leasing our mineral rights but don't know what to do or who to contact. We were told we would not be contacted until our check arrived but since no one has shown interest in leasing mineral rights so far I just need to know where to start to get the ball rolling. We have not been contacted by anyone yet. All family members have turned in paper work and proof of ownership. I am new to this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Where is your land located? Survey, abstract No.? The Texas Railroad Commission website has a GIS map system where you can input your county, survey or abstract and then see if there are any permitted wells or active wells in your area. http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/index.php#

Click on "Public GIS Map Viewer" and then when the dialogue box pops up, click on "Survey/Abstract." Then zoom out 3x, and select "Identify wells" on the right hand side drop down box. Then click on each well that appears, if any. You can then contact the land departments for those companies and see if they are interested in leasing your acreage. Other than that, you just have to wait for someone to contact you.

Hi Mary. I am Patty from Texas, too.

I am interested in knowing where your property is located and how much you want to lease for. I want to lease a few acres. Please tell me more. www.pattyrgeorge@gmail.com Thanks, Mary

I received an offer to purchase 40 acres for $320K. Im sure it was a mass mailing, but it did peak my interest. Area is in berumuda colony in brundage A162. What do you think. I did call them and they inidicted price would not go down.

Ben Elmore said:

Where is your land located? Survey, abstract No.? The Texas Railroad Commission website has a GIS map system where you can input your county, survey or abstract and then see if there are any permitted wells or active wells in your area. http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/index.php#

Click on "Public GIS Map Viewer" and then when the dialogue box pops up, click on "Survey/Abstract." Then zoom out 3x, and select "Identify wells" on the right hand side drop down box. Then click on each well that appears, if any. You can then contact the land departments for those companies and see if they are interested in leasing your acreage. Other than that, you just have to wait for someone to contact you.

Alicia, I sent a message to your inbox on this site.

Ben

Hi Patty, are you still looking to lease? I have 20 acres in Dimmit and is available for lease or sale. Please email me if you are interested. Thanks!

patty r george said:

Hi Mary. I am Patty from Texas, too.

I am interested in knowing where your property is located and how much you want to lease for. I want to lease a few acres. Please tell me more. www.pattyrgeorge@gmail.com Thanks, Mary

Hi My name is Mike from Miramar, Florida however my Grandfather, Thomas W. Allinder holds 25 acres near to Carizzo Springs HS which he bought back in 1934.and it looks from google earth that there is a well that is there now. A landman identified that my Granfather's mineral rights and lease are all in order as of 2011. However all of my relatives are dead only leaving me and my brother as decendants. I would be interested in leasing the Mineral rights that I have.

Hi, l was hoping you could help me understand where my lease is. it is block 128 and described as Catarina Farms, Dimmit County. l have looked at suggested maps but don’t understand the block system. Thank you or anyone for any help.