Mineral Rights Hughes County

Strata 29-1H. Section 29-6N-8E. 640 acres, Hughes County. I am wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction. I have these mineral rights that I inherited after my mom died. It took forever to get everything in my name but i was successful in doing. I need some advice. I have been receiving royalty checks. They aren’t much- but more than they were when i started receiving them. How do i find out well…EVERYTHING I should know, actions I should be taking etc…i could really use an honest ear. Thanks

Janiece, you could check out the Mineral Help tab at the top of this page if you haven’t already. A useful link to check for wells in your sections is the OTC production link : https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php You can also ask questions here as they come up. Looks like you are doing pretty well so far.

Thank you so much. I did discover the Mineral Rights Help after I posted. Have started reading- still may have questions, and thank you very much for your kind reply!!! Have a great Monday!

Janiece:

Certainly make sure that your name is registered with the Hughes County Clerk: Hughes County | OKCountyRecords.com | County Clerk Public Land Records for Oklahoma If this was from a probate, you will need a certified copy of the order form an Oklahoma Court on file with your name and address as heir receiving the property.

If this was from a trust, a trustee’s deed should be on file.

Make sure that this asset is included in your own trust or transfer on death deed to insure that your beneficiaries have a easy path to the inheritance.

Martha’s advice is good to have a valuation if a sale is anticipated, this could save you significant taxes.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.