Mineral Rights from my mothers family

Back in 2017, I hired someone to help me with my mothers Mineral Lease given to her from her father in an affidavit of heirship. I used a man Kevin King, paid him 500$ and he never gave me a report, then dropped off the face of the earth. I was working with the Braka Operation company on the mineral rights given to her from her father from his mother Richardson. They gave me this information.

1.    I searched the Eastland County Clerk’s online records and found where Danita Mancini signed an Oil & Gas Lease to Rhodes Drilling on 9/26/1983 and recorded in Volume 849, Page 265 of the Clerk’s records.  The leased lands were described as 50 acres in the South ½ of Sub. 9 of the John Sapp Survey, A-435, Eastland County.

2.   I searched the Railroad Commission of Texas website – the GIS map did not show any wells in the S/2 of Sub. 9 of the John Sapp Survey.

3.   The Eastland County Appraisal District shows the attached royalty interest being taxes to Hattie Lucille Richardson.  That well is operated by DFG Energy.

She then went on to say that she thought there were two Hattie Richardsons, which I do not think there are.

My questions are:

How do I go ahead and find out what happened to this Mineral Rights?

Linnea