Mineral Rights Expiring?

I inherited mineral right in 1998. I have heard that they expire and revert to the landowner with time if they are not leased? Is this true? If so what do I need to do?

You need to file a "Statement of Claim of Mineral Rights" with the County register of deeds. You can get the form from them. There is a $10 filing fee. This needs to be done at least every 20-years, otherwise the surface owner can file a quiet claim on your minerals and take them.

Thanks for the great information Paul.

I posted the Statement of Claim form in a Word document to the Comment Wall

I got the Word version and copied it. Thanks again for your help!