Mineral Rights evaluation needed

I’m looking for a landman to perform an evaluation of my families O&G mineral rights in Oklahoma. We own in 10 counties with the largest percentage in Grady, Garvin, McClain, Stephens and Caddo county. I am not looking to sell anything. I need an independent evaluation that will meet the IRS rules. Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Terry , there are some knowledgeful ones here . Maybe you can work with one of them.

Terry, to truly meet the IRS rules, you most likely need a petroleum landman to do the evaluation. Friend me and I can give you a name. We just finished a probate with him. Used him quite a few times over the last few decades. Reasonable and knowledgeable.

I sent a friend request. Thank you

Oops. I meant petroleum engineer. They have to do the decline curves that a landman will not be able to do.

Might ask the larger group. I know there are certified appraisers involved on this forum. Would also look to NARO for information. naro-us.org.

I am also interested in mineral appraisals that satisfy IRS for my charitable giving. If anyone has info, recommendations, experience etc, let’s extend this thread for this kind of input and share this knowledge.

Mark Oates is a landman and can help out. Grady & Caddo counties are a little difficult to research. Mark is pretty reasonable. His number is 405.365.7515

Mark Oates is a landman and can help out. Grady & Caddo counties are a little difficult to research. Mark is pretty reasonable. His number is 405.365.7515.

Mark has done appraisals but I believe that IRS and Oklahoma Tax Commission uses a formulas based upon income, lease bonsus etc. See:OTC Estate Tax Guide While Oklahoma does not impose an estate tax for those who died since 2010, it may provide some good guidelines.