Mineral rights division order needed

How can I locate a division order for the mineral rights on a well in Cooke County Texas? I can find tax bills for it, but have been told that a division order or deed is needed.

Its helpful to understand terms. A deed is like what you got when you bought a house. The seller gives a deed to the buyer. So, the deed transfers ownership from one party to another. Now, a division order is something entirely different. If or when an oil company drills a well, they will send a Division Order to the owner specifying their net revenue interest (an eight decimal number, such as .01248230) in the well. That doesn’t transfers ownership, per se.

Tim,

I am sending in paperwork regarding an affidavit of heirship and am told, that for one of the wells which lease is located in Cooke County, they need either a copy of a deed or probate of the division order on it. I have no idea where to begin. I have many year’s with of records of taxes paid on this particular well’s mineral wrights. Can you give me any direction?

Thank you

I’m speculating here, but I suspect you will need the document showing how you got title in your name. If it was a deed, then they want that. If you inherited it and it was a probate, that may be what they want.

The problem is that I have no idea when it was put in my Mom’s name and the will from her parents to her is very vague.

Most wills do not specifically mention mineral properties unless they want a specific property to be inherited by a certain party. Wills usually transfer under the clause stating the rest, residue and remainder to X. This clause includes everything not previously directed by the will after all expenses and taxes have been paid.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.