Mineral Rights Beckham Co. OK

We have mineral rights in the following areas Section 10 Township 9; range22 Section 25 Township 10N; Range 22W Section 36 Township 10N;Range 222 Section 6 Township 9N;Range 21 We received these from my husband’s mom who received them from her mom. We’ve been unable to lease for many years and my husband feels as we are “aging” and our kids are quite removed from this industry having never lived in OK we should see about selling. He has contacted a few companys, several who never even responded. Two have with what I consider to be very low offers. While I know there are no absolutes - is it looking better in the near future in any of these areas for leasing or drilling? Thank you

The last leasing in 10N-22W was 2014 when a few leases were taken and the majority of last leases were taken when you leased to Schonwald land in 2012 and there have not been any wells permitted in the township since then. The producing formations in this township start to thin out as you go south towards the Wichita-Amarillo uplift, where you have thrusted faulting and get into the brown dolomite. Doubtful there will be any leasing or drilling activity in the near future.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.