Mineral Ownership Report

How can I obtain a Mineral Ownership Report from the wells I have mineral rights in? The oil company is not responding to my request.

Thanks,

Jay

Dear Mr. Dahl,

If it were me, I would call the clerk’s office in the county where your lands are located and ask her to broadcast to those in the vault that you are looking for a landman or abstracter to hire. Then I would give the researcher the book and page (or entry or registry number) of the oil and gas lease that you executed and have them prepare a mineral ownership breakdown.

Buddy,

Thanks.

The court records show us owning 100+ acres more than the oil company has recorded. Do you know if the oil company is obligated to show me who they are paying on wells I have mineral rights in?

Jay

The operator has no obligation to you in this capacity unless agreed upon under the terms of your lease.

You can, however, request a division order that shows your interest in the unit.

Dear Mr. Dahl,

As Mr. Clement correctly points out, the operator is not under any obligation to open their company books and title opinions to you, unless that is what your lease so stipulates (or as a result of discovery).

However, they have to provide information to the county assessor so that severance tax statements can be sent out. That is a logical place to look.

Jay Dahl said:

Buddy,
Thanks.

The court records show us owning 100+ acres more than the oil company has recorded. Do you know if the oil company is obligated to show me who they are paying on wells I have mineral rights in?

Jay

Mr. Cotten,

Would you elaborate on severance taxes;

What are they? What information does the operator provide? Mineral ownership within a unit?

THANKS,

JC