Mineral owners unpaid

Operators never leased all mineral owners, force pooled anything. Over 8 yr period Thousands in moneys unpaid to mineral owners Oklahoma. OCC action? Civil claim by mineral owners as group? May I accept POA pursue action for them? May I just buy rights to same and pursue. Operators responsible obviously is there civil fraud claim with damages?

Sandollar OIl

This is a legal question. It sounds like you may need to contact an Oklahoma oil and gas attorney. There is one or more on the directory page of this website.

If there are unclaimed funds in the Mineral Owner Escrow Account or unpaid property in Oklahoma, this is administered by the State Treasurer’s office. There are statutes and regulations regarding compensation to what they call a “treasurer hunter”. Often the process requires considerable documentation to unlock even small amounts. Funds in excess of $10k require a probate if the listed owner is deceased.

There are legitimate ways to earn money while reuniting owners with unclaimed funds. I believe that there are prohibitions against a fee that exceeds 25%, requires sale of claim or provides a claim to the finder for ongoing royalties.

This post is int legal or tax advice. It does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.