Mineral Owner Time Line + Allocation Unit Example

EOG Mineral Owner Timeline

• July 2010 – Notified by a Landman about being a Non-Participating Royalty Interest (NPRI) owner in Gonzales County, Texas
  • August 2010 – Ratified Leases and signed other legal documents
  • October & November 2010 – Ullman and Sweet EOG units are permitted
  • January 2011 – 2 Ullman unit wells begin producing
  • February 2011 – 4 Sweet unit well begin producing
  • May 2011 – Division order received for the Ullman unit
  • July 2011 – First check (Ullman only)
  • July 2011 – Division order received for the Sweet unit
  • September 2011 – Received check including Sweet unit’s production
  • July 2012 – Revised division order for the Ullman unit
  • October 2013 – 2 new wells permitted on Sweet Unit
  • August 2014 – Mad J unit permitted (This unit was formed by taking portions of existing EOG’s Sweet & Lord D units)
  • November 2014 – 2 new wells on Sweet begin to produce
  • October 2015 – Mad J unit wells (6) begin to produce
  • December 2015 – Division order received for Mad J unit
  • January 2016 – First payment received for Mad J unit

Mad J Unit: This new EOG unit combines 188.09 acres from the Sweet unit, and 72.18 acres from the Lord D unit. I was initially concerned that I would not have any royalty interest in the Mad J Unit since my tract of land is not within the new unit. However, the unit is basically an allocation unit (probably not technically correct) where the royalties are proportionately shared between all the owners of the Sweet and Lord D units. My Mad J Unit division order is my Sweet Unit decimal interest multiplied by the Sweet Unit’s percentage (.7218) of land in the new unit. For example, an 0.001 interest in the Sweet Unit would result in an .0007218 decimal interest in the Mad J Unit.

Attached is an Excel file showing production of the Sweet and Ullman units from 2011 thru 2015. You can change years be selecting a different sheet (tab) at the bottom of the file.

EOG Prices for Oct & Nov 2015

October 2015

November 2015

Oil

$48.73

Oil

$43.47

Condensate

$47.10

Condensate

$41.99

Gas

$2.38

Gas

$2.09

Plant

$15.05

Plant

$12.44

951-OilWellStats_Ullman_Sweet_MadJ.xlsx (149 KB)

I sure hope you understand what they are doing and if you are being paid properly. What does the word "Plant" mean or stand for in the spreadsheet of numbers/prices?

EOG uses "Plant" for Natural Gas Liquids such as propane. Honestly, I have a hard time understaning how they come up with all of the numbers, but in the end EOG has been a good company to work with. Let me know if you have any additional information.

Thanks! Makes senses now that you have explained it. Most locations, at least in my neck of the woods, don't have a Plant with the capabilities of separating the different fractions from the methane (dry gas).

Interesting and thanks.

William:

Now that I have had time to think about it: What are the "units" that the numbers in Plant indicate? It may be bbls; but, if they are doing that, do you know how much of each fraction is being separated out. That may be getting into too much detail; but, it would be interesting if you are getting those numbers or even the well head gas analysis.

Thanks again!

The "units" for Plant products are in bbls. EOG doesn't specify what the "Plant" products are, but they sometimes have different prices for the same month...indicating they are different by- products.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I have found this whole process interesting ever since I was contacted by a Landman in 2010. Regards, Bill

Thanks!