Mineral owner and didn't know it

Hello I am completely new to any type of land and/or mineral rights. Recently I’ve been contacted and found to be one of 2 last living heirs from my biological grandmothers side. My parents split when I was a year old and I was adopted at 2 by my “Dad”. He was the only Dad I ever knew until the age of 12 when I was told he was not my biological. I was asked if I wanted my mom to find my real dad and said yea. Unfortunately we found out he had died several years earlier so I never did get to meet or know him in any way. Now all of this was over 32 years ago and now this call out of the blue and I’m in shock really.

The investigator who tracked me down had verbally said it was only 1/2 an acre and that I had mineral rights alone. The reason for the contact was because a company was interested in leasing from me. But once I received the paperwork from what I can tel it’s 80 acres and it appears that maybe I also have land ownership. So there’s a red flag. Why would I be told one thing o my to read what looks entirely different. I have contacted a law firm in Texas and am awaiting a return call. In the meantime I’m about as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Sadly I live in California although we are looking to get out. My parents moved to Arkansas several years ago and California does NOT represent my beliefs, nor my values and after a life time voting blue I can assure you never again. My parents have always been republicans but in my foolish youth I went the other way on paper without ever really paying attention to what was going on.

Now my eyes are opened and I do not like what I see. I didn’t want to make this political it is only because I feel great shame in announcing that I was born and raised here in this awful state. Never thought I’d see the day when I’d say those words. It what was once beautiful has now gone bad. There isn’t much good left around here and it’s getting worse everyday.

Back to the subject the property is in reeves county. Any help would be appreciated, Block 4, if that helps at all….

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.