Mineral owned in Section 6 T3N R3W

I have mineral interest in the E/2 NE/4 of the above sections and township. There are two wells on this particular area. Antero 1-7 6MXH-7 &6-3N-3W and the Antero 1-7-6WXH-7 & 6-3N-3W. I wrote Casillas and they said if I wanted to claim interest I would need to do a chain of title. Isn’t their responsibility to do this? Could there be a possibility these wells are not producing on my mineral interest? Any advice or help will be appreciated. Thank you.

The Division Order Title opinion is usually done by the Operator. I do see quite a few Wicks on the OCC paperwork. Located in CA. Did you inherit? Are you a son of one of the Wicks? Is there a trust? your probate documents are not filed in Garvin county. Are you getting royalties from the Purdy Hart Unit? or any of the other productive wells in the section. I would try sending a certified letter to the Division Order analyst and ask what documents you need in order to be put in pay status. If you are already getting royalties from older wells, it may be easy to clear up. Be armed with your ancestor names so they can know which line of inheritance you are talking about.

Thank you for the advice. My mother’s father and mother were Kenneth B. Moore and Anna Moore. Upon their passing my mother Lucille Moore Wick had the ownership transferred by inheritance. My grandparents did live in California. Upon her death my dad David Wick Sr. of the David Wick Sr. Revocable Trust dated 8/13/2004 was the owner from which the Mineral Deed to me and my siblings was implemented by my sister Anne Elizabeth Wick, Successor Trustee of the David Wick, Sr. Revocable Trust. This deed includes many other sections in Garvin and was executed on March 4, 2008 and recorded in Book 1840 Pg 11 by the Garvin County Clerk. I don’t have any royalties from the Purdy Hart Unit or any other in this section.
I would think when running title they would have come across this Mineral Deed. Only other explanation is it doesn’t cover any area which the wells are producing on. If you have any other input I thank you in advance. You always are most helpful.

I see the probate documents listed on www.okcountyrecords.com

You can print them for a small fee and then have them to be able to send to the Casillas Division order analyst. The wells definitely include your acreage. Keep a copy of everything that you send to them. I always use certified mail so you have a paper trail and a name of someone to contact.

1 Like

You really are a great person with all the help you give everyone. That’s good news. Being in Arizona it’s a long way to go to the county clerk to do this LOL. I just wish I knew how much acreage or interest my siblings and I own. I guess I will find out. The only thing the deed reads is an undivided interest ugh. I hope you don’t mind if I have anymore questions. Thank you again. I’ll go to the site and see if I can navigate it okay. If not, can I ask you for more how to do it?

Ask away. That is what the forum is about! Some of the listings of the minerals do give the exact acreage. The rest you can probably figure out and get close to the original gross acreage. Then you would have to work down through the generations to see how many heirs there are and what the net might be now.

Thanks Ms. Barnes. The Mineral Deed says E/2 NE/4 of Section Six. So I am estimating this to be NE/4 equaling 160 acres divide by East 1/2 equaling 80 acres. Is this correct? If so I own 1/3 interest in it so I would own about 26.5 nma correct? There could be other people who own interest too that are not family since their are producing wells and I would assume they are getting paid. What do you think?

The operator of the well has the obligation to pay the true owner and they should have the information regarding the quantum of interest involved. The problem may be that their records show the ownership in one of your ancestors, and they are listed as unlocatable. Start by going through all of the exhibits to the OCC filings to see if you can find which ancestor(s) is(are) listed as an owner. Then communicate with the division order department to let them know you claim from that person. They should tell you how much your ancestor owned.

Yes, that is the starting point for the gross mineral acres. Casillas has a Division Order title opinion that assigns a certain number of acres to every mineral owner in the 640 acres as of the date of the title opinion work. Like Frank said, they may have an ancestor as holding in the E2 NE4 at a certain number of acres depending upon who they received it from. Once you have that ancestor and you give them the title documents that have been filed, they can work out how much you and the other heirs have. Takes patience. Also ask them for the paragraph of the title opinion that pertains to your ancestor. Since you are a new heir, you need it for your files. Then you can pass that info to your heirs.

Thanks Frank. I appreciate your help. I will ask those questions.

You mentioned the Purdy well. Do you know if that falls on this acreage too. I found the Antero api 35-049-25121. I think there are two of them. To find the operator of the Purdy do I go to the OCC? It seems they want a ton of info when you try to find out information on a well. ):

The western side of section 6 is part of a large water flood unit. You are not in the Northeast Purdy Springer Sand Unit “A” since that is part of tracts on the west side of section 6. So you probably don’t need to worry about that issue. Once you posted the more specific E2 NE4, I looked up the unit and you may not be covered by it.

Daylight is the operator of the Northeast Purdy Hart sand unit (which is a different reservoir), so check with them because I see a well in the NE corner which may be covered by the Hart unit. T-13 and T-14 are your tracts (Pratt Williams Unit ). The map and unit descriptions are in this pdf…

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Unitization/00000001/OCC_OG_37K5AAA_0FUCPFG.pdf

The Gross Production site is the repository for the OK tax Commission. You can look up the Antero wells there.
https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

The only other well that is still active in the NE corner is the Frye 1-6 (according to the tax site). It has a spacing of 160 acres, so you may have royalties to claim on that one as well. Drilled in 1990. Casillas is the operator of it as well, so check and see if they are holding anything for your family on that well. Chesapeake sold it to Casillas on May 2, 2016, so you may have to hunt with both companies.

It can be a bit confusing because there are multiple reservoirs in this section and wells were drilled to different horizons at different times by different operators.

Thank you!! Looks like I have a lot of research to do. It is confusing but I guess best thing to do is contact the companies and work it from there. Actually, the Frye sounds familiar. I think you have done enough for me today and I am grateful. I hope I didn’t take up too much of your time.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.