Mineral offers

Has anyone been buying and selling minerals in Mountrail County? I recently received some minerals under Hess units and EOG units just was wondering if anyone had been getting offers to sell? Just curious. 155N-95W

Hess Bakken Investments and XTO Energy have had 56 permits in the last 999 days, multiple wells in many sections. Offers to buy are wanting those royalties. Depending upon your section, you may already have multiple wells or you may be about to get some. Make sure that if you just inherited, you contact the two operators and get into pay status.

Thanks, I was curious about value. I had one offer from a company that was significantly less than another owners offer (we just happen to live in the same neighborhood and were able to compare) from the same company in the same section. I don’t know if they were just trying to get it for cheap since I’m a newer owner. I appreciate the response, I’ll probably just collect revenue for awhile being that the area is not totally developed compared to other offsetting sections.

I have had my properties evaluated by a professional engineer for fair market value. Almost all of the offers I have received have been far less than the appraised value. Buyers intend to make a profit.