Mineral offer $1250-2000 Carter County

TG Sanders

I’ve got an offer for $1250-2000 per mineral acre in Carter county. RoughRiders LLC. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Sect 7 2S 2W I received a lease offer from Bison solutions out of Norman, OK. I had heard there was new business going on up there. Does anyone know if $1,500/acre with 1/5th royalty is going rate, good/bad/ugly? Lease says they will pay within 30 business days. Doesn’t sound too promising to me?? Anyone have any experience with them?

Sounds low. Echo is planning to drill here. How many acres do you own?

1 Like

Do not hand over a lease without getting a check. You can get a bank, attorney or accountant to hold the signed lease. Send a copy of the signed lease with COPY DO NOT FILE in HUGE letters across every page and especially across the signature. When the leasing company shows up with a cashier’s check, then the third party hands over the lease.

If you are brand new, then read the Mineral Help tab above, read over all the discussions in Grady county over the last six months to get up to speed.

1 Like

Oops, meant to say Carter County. It is really heating up, so some good discussions have already begun which may help you.

Echo has four pending cases at the OCC http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx 201802081

201802250 Pooling. Watch this one! Has a time deadline of 20 calendar days on it when the order comes out. If you choose not to lease, then you can choose a bonus/royalty pair from the pooling. I usually pick the highest royalty and lowest bonus.

1 Like

We’ve actually had luck with companies allowing us to email a scanned copy of the signed lease, marked as M Barnes suggests, and holding the original until the bonus is received. Not every company will go for it, but it never hurts to ask.

1 Like

I’ve also done that Christine except I faxed the executed copy

1 Like

I received offer from MK&P Energy, whom I have never heard of, for $2250 @ 3/16ths, $2000 @ 20% and $1750 @ 22% on Sept 20 - for 24-3S-1W. Tried to get in touch with them. Finally got a call back last week. They said the are “re-evaluating”. Who knows?

1 Like

A contract places an obligation on both parties to perform… The lessor should not be required to perform until the lessee has fulfilled his obligation. Don’t let any lease broker or landman tell you otherwise. Keep fighting the good fight.

1 Like

Thank you so much! All of these suggestions help so much. I’ll try this on the next lease offer that I receive.

Thank you! I’ll stick to my guns on this?

Good Luck! You never know!

Do you have a phone number for MK&P?

I think their “address” is really a UPS Mailbox location.

Thanks

Just checked that email and no go. I will look for the number of land man.

Section 10, Tiwnship4 south, range 2 East.Carter county Oklahoma,i have three sixteenths and I get a check of 10 dollars every three months and they want me to sign a lease adding two more years for 30 some dollars is that crazy or am I

Are you sure on the Section, township and range? I do not see any wells in 10-4S-2E-hence no royalties. There are horizontals around you and lots of leasing going on in that section. What is the name of the well that you are getting royalties from?

Don’t sign anything until you figure out what you have. Does your first lease have a paragraph that allows a two year extension? If so, then you are bound by it. If not, then different story. Are you getting royalties from XTO?

Yes I’m getting royalty’s from xto i don’t remember the well name I’ll have to lookin my paperworksR.D Williams&Company po box 516,Ardmore, ok 73402 is the address on the lease they have two sets of numbers on the lease N/2NW/4SW/4 of section 10,township4 south,range 2East and containing 20 acres, more or less ,is what it say on the lease

Look near the bottom of the lease and see if you have a clause that grants a two year extension.
If you are getting royalties, it may be from another different lease. I still don’t see a well in section 10-4S-2E.

I called Books still no answer or paperwork. At least Lin Energy was honest with me even though they weren’t drilling.