Mineral Manager for TX

Hello, I am looking for recommendations for a Mineral Manager to review a TX lease offer. Please forward any suggestions and their contact information. Thanks

Matt:

I would contact Mr. Buddy Cotten who is a regular on this forum. You can get his email contact info on this site. He has alot of knowledge in all areas of the oil and gas business. Hope this helps.

Hello, I too have a mineral lease that I would like to have advice on. Could you send Matt's e-mail address to me?

William:

If you are talking about Mr. Cottens's email, I believe it is cottenoilproperties.com or you can pull up the company website at Cotten Oil Properties.

William Robert Pate said:

Hello, I too have a mineral lease that I would like to have advice on. Could you send Matt's e-mail address to me?

I also would like to have someone who is experienced in this field to help my family lease our140 acres in southwest Dimmit Co...It is right in the middle of the Eagleford Shale oil...Linda Lee

I also highly recommend Buddy Cotten.

Buddy Cotten's website says his fee is $60 per hour, paid in advance. Can anyone tell me if the hour can be used over the course of several phone calls? For example, could I have four 15-minute calls over several weeks for that one $60 fee?

out of state:

I would contact his office for this information. It might be that the hour contains his research time in additional to phone and email communications with you. All I can say, is that I'm very familiar with Mr. Cotten's posts on this forum and he would be my source of advice if I had any questions regarding mineral rights.

out of state said:

Buddy Cotten's website says his fee is $60 per hour, paid in advance. Can anyone tell me if the hour can be used over the course of several phone calls? For example, could I have four 15-minute calls over several weeks for that one $60 fee?

If you had to buy 8 hours of Buddy's time, it would be less than one hour of a good oil and gas attorney and in my opinion a heck of alot better value.

out of state said:

I agree that Buddy's comments on this website are helpful and right on point. And I guess it's silly to worry about whether I might "waste" a portion of $60. I have had experience with more than several attorneys in my life, and there has been great variety in the quality of service.
r w kennedy said:

If you had to buy 8 hours of Buddy's time, it would be less than one hour of a good oil and gas attorney and in my opinion a heck of alot better value.

out of state said:

Most small local attorney's know practically nothing about an oil and gas lease. I have seen some that attorneys have signed leases on their own minerals that are comical. Then they charge someone to represent them!

I know of instances that mineral owners in some of the "hot" area's have made an agreement that the company will have to pay their attorney's or mineral managers fee's. Even if they don't agree and lease.