Mineral Leases in Prowers County

Hello,

We have been approached to contract with Diamond Resources and also Sullivan. Has anyone else been approached?

Susan and Mike,

I have heard that Sullivan is Chesapeake and Diamond Resources may likely be Continental - or possibly even Chesapeake.

There are a lot of negative experiences posted on this website about Diamond, Sullivan and Chesapeake. so I strongly advise you BOTH to be CAUTIOUS.

Regardless, they operate anonymously and sweep into a region snatching up land for a very low price. The amount that you have been offered Mike is very low relative to the unconventional shale leasing that is generally taking place.

I have posted strategies about how to handle leasing; for example only accept a cashiers check and do not provide the signed lease to them until you have cash in hand (wait for it to deposit and clear your bank before giving that lease.

If you are not in dire need for cash then take your time and learn about the leasing activity by spending time reading this website. When you begin talking with any company, investigate them by googling them as well as asking on this website and others like www.naturalgasforums.com.

Just be very cautious. Use of lawyer advisable, but they must be experienced OG atty. It may be too early to hire an attorney, but definitely have one in place to help with lease refinement. DO NOT ASSUME THE GAS LEASE THE LANDMAN PROVIDES IS FAIR - it isn't.

Good luck. Keep us posted. Let us know if other questions.

Wilson

I too have been contacted by Sullivan and have a lease from them for my review. I see that you posted yours in early February. What did you end up doing?

Sorry not to answer back for so long, but have nothing much to report. I tried negotiating with sullivan and another similar company but didn’t believe the terms they offered were worth signing the lease. I then turned to a lawyer who tried to negotiate better terms. At this point the lease interest seems dead. Does anyone know what if any activity there is in prowers county? Has anyone in this county signed a mineral lease or is all the drilling action elsewhere?

Susan ... we are still interested in your minerals. Would you like the name of the person who is handling this? Warranting you lands is going to be required from just about anyone you lease to though.

David ... I am showing you signed a lease with Sullivan on May 1st. Do you have more lands that were not leased?

Brent,

Who are you representing? Of course we would like the name of the person handing this. I don't believe we have any problems with warranties.

Thanks,

Susan

Hi Susan,

I represent Sullivan. I sent you the person's name who you can contact about the specifics of lease.

Of course I will be more than happy to help out also!

Yes, we signed. No, we don't have any more.

Brent L. Rooney said:

Susan ... we are still interested in your minerals. Would you like the name of the person who is handling this? Warranting you lands is going to be required from just about anyone you lease to though.

David ... I am showing you signed a lease with Sullivan on May 1st. Do you have more lands that were not leased?

Thank you David!

David F Myrick said:

Brent L. Rooney said:

I have mineral rights in Prowers County and I'm interested in leasing them out. Angelica

Angelica,

We are still leasing in Prowers County. Feel free to contact me for further information.

Angelica Hayden said:

I have mineral rights in Prowers County and I'm interested in leasing them out. Angelica

Susan.

I have a copy of the marked up lease that your attorney sent back to us. She is requesting several items be stricken and is indeed not wanting to warrant title. Have you seen this proposal from your attorney?

David F Myrick said:

Brent L. Rooney said:

IDear Brent,

I need your phone number or feel free to email me directly at (EDITED USE the Private messaging system for contact info) regarding my mineral rights in Prowers County.

Brent L. Rooney said:

Angelica,

We are still leasing in Prowers County. Feel free to contact me for further information.

Angelica Hayden said: