Mineral lease

Received a lease the other day for $150 per acre about 10 miles outside of Graham, TX. I took that as a slap in the face as far as what things are leasing for these days, you folks agree? Thanks for any help.

Are you north ,east. west or south of graham. I am about 4 to 5 miles north west of Murray . I got $ 300.00 a a/c about a year and a half ago and a 1/5 and a 3 year lease. I am on the young and Throckmorton county line. hope this helped

North of Graham near Loving, in area of intersection of hwy 114 and hwy 16

Who was the company wanting to lease? do you know how to get on the Texas railroad web site? if so you can go on there site and pull up the permit in your abstract or around you and see if any drilling going on and who is leasing.

Three to four years ago, we had so many offers to lease and it seems like the offers have slowed and, like Taylor has experienced, offers lowered. Carolyn, our land is two miles east of Murray, and the most we've ever been offered is $150/acre.

N Rouse,

If you will give me your Abstract # I will pull up you area on the RR Commission GIS Map and see what wells are in your area. I will post the map here for you.

Clint Liles

Taylor, I believe that you want to send your abstract number to Clint. I know the wells in my area, including one recently drilled on one of my leases, but was just commenting on the slowing and lower price of lease offers.

Clint, I would be interested in any activity in the area of Section 8, 12 or Section 13, A-1285, in the Young County School Land Survey.

N Rouse,

After checking the GIS Map I see a lot of plugged oil wells, some dry holes and a few still producing in A-1285.

For instance API 503-41145(oil well)(Lease name-McKinley-Rush)was drilled in 2002 and was reentered in April 2012 by Brower Oil and Gas Co. Am posting a copy of GIS Map of A-1285 and surrounding area. My opinion is I would be asking for more than $150 per acre. On this Map the green dots with green slash through them are plugged oil wells. The blue circles with 4 blue protrusions are dry holes. The blue circles are permitted locations. The green dots are producing oil wells.

Clint Liles

N Rouse my lease is in A 1085 north of you. NADEL GUSSMAN PERMIN LLC HAS 2 Permits to drill in A 965 called Thunder 965 and Thunder 965 2h .They also have another permit to drill another horz, a litter futher down from the thunders.. Do you know wher Carmack rd is off FM 578 That's where the Permits are.. my Lease is in A 1085 in young county and A 717 and 718 In Throckmorton with North Texas Oil and Gas out of Edmond Ok. most of the local co. . are offering around $ 150.00 and A/c and 3/16 . I don't know where Nadel Gussman is out of..

Hi Clint,

The stuff we have is in abstract A-1022 and A-1027, it's Nytex Energy Holdings wanting to lease. I sent a letter back asking for $200 per acre, we'll see what happens.

Taylor back in December 2010 NTX ENERGY LLC Offer me $50.00 ac 3 yr paid up 3/16 and 2 YEAR renewal option. my cousin leased to them and I didn't and in 2012 I got $300.00 and a 1/5. I have tried to find where they have every drill a well but can't find any. If they are wanting a 2 year option I would bet they are trying to sell it off to somebody else. I would ask Clint to see if he can find any thing on them. Raymond

Taylor,

You may want to check out this link:Scroll down to Nytex Energy...........

http://bankrupt.com/TCR_Public/130328.mbx

Clint Liles

Taylor,

In A-1022 & A-1027 I see numerous plugged oil wells , dry holes, and some producing oil wells. In A-1027 on the GIS Map shows a red circle with several red protrusions from it. That is supposed to be a gas well. When I pulled the Approved Permit API # 503-34772 it shows a Dry Hole(oil Well) DUH--it shows to be a gas well but the permit says dry hole oil well. Am posting the GIS Map of Young County A-1022 & A-1027:

Taylor, This is the drilling permit link for the so called gas well in A-1027 that turns out to be a dry hole oil well:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=MCCLURE&univDocNo=173902

Clint Liles

Taylor said:

Hi Clint,

The stuff we have is in abstract A-1022 and A-1027, it's Nytex Energy Holdings wanting to lease. I sent a letter back asking for $200 per acre, we'll see what happens.

Taylor,

Personally I would be very leery about signing any kind of lease with this Nytex Energy. Just my opinion.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1475899/000000000013045714/filename1.pdf

Clint Liles

Clint,

I do appreciate all of your help and advise on this deal, we'll see if I hear from them again after asking for the $200 per acre. Also, the return envelope I sent my counter offer back in was not Nytex, it was some company out of Weatherford, TX it was initials, ADL maybe, probably not it, or something like that. I'll do plenty more research if I do hear back from them, I appreciate everyone's help on this.