Mineral Lease Questions in Gaines, Terry, and Yoakum

In Gaines, Yoakum, and Terry County Texas, is there any oil or gas exploration? wells....and what happens to people who own mineral rights, when drilling can go horizontal, and grab someone oil or gas. very confusing.

I inherited some leases, and would think they would have some value, but it is hard to find out. Any ideas appreicated.

bob

Bob,

I've recently negotiated some leases in Gaines with operators that resulted in production payments and additional drilling permits on my clients' minerals so I know where the exploration efforts are now. I don't have any acreage in Yokum or Terry counties but have access to information on activities in those counties through regulatory agencies and proprietary information.

Did you inherit leases on minerals or minerals? I will try to help you if I can.

Oil and Gas exploration is highly regulated in most producing states so it is unlikely that someone would be allowed to take your minerals by horizontal drilling without a lease from you. The trick is to make certain you have a lease that gives you fair payment for your geologic potential and production.

Gary,

not sure where to go from here, but i plan to gps the exact location of the leases. i think they total 23 arces, in 5 parcels. one is under the lubbock country club.

are you an attorney dealing with such things.

bob odell

robertfodell@yahoo.com my normal e mail address.

Gary L. Hutchinson said:

Bob,

I've recently negotiated some leases in Gaines with operators that resulted in production payments and additional drilling permits on my clients' minerals so I know where the exploration efforts are now. I don't have any acreage in Yokum or Terry counties but have access to information on activities in those counties through regulatory agencies and proprietary information.

Did you inherit leases on minerals or minerals? I will try to help you if I can.

Oil and Gas exploration is highly regulated in most producing states so it is unlikely that someone would be allowed to take your minerals by horizontal drilling without a lease from you. The trick is to make certain you have a lease that gives you fair payment for your geologic potential and production.

Gary L. Hutchinson

Minerals Management

bob odell said:

Gary,

not sure where to go from here, but i plan to gps the exact location of the leases. i think they total 23 arces, in 5 parcels. one is under the lubbock country club.

are you an attorney dealing with such things.

bob odell

robertfodell@yahoo.com my normal e mail address.

Gary L. Hutchinson said:

Bob,

Gary L. Hutchinson

Minerals Management

Gary,

My family owns the land and mineral rights to 320 acres in Gaines County. How do we find out about any activity in Gaines County? Thanks so much for your help.

Judy Schepis

Judy,

I'm currently doing some evaluations in Gaines Co using proprietary and public data and will be happy to give you the benefit of my research in your area. If you would like to contact me directly please do so by PM.