Mineral lease proposal

My brother and I have been approached with an offer of $600/nma and 22.5% royalty for the following interest: William Skinner Survey, A-35, Freestone County Tx. We are new to this and are asking if this is a fair offer. Thank you.

To the West and Southwest of A-35 are numerous vertical gas well that have been producing for 10-15 years…drilled into the Cotton Valley and Pettit formations…the 22 1/2% royalty in my opinion is good…try for $750 on the bonus money…NEGOTIATE… TRY TO FIND OUT FROM THE LANDMAN U ARE DEALING WITH IF VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL WELL(S) ARE TO BE DRILLED

…with all the minerals I read that You and your brother have just inherited ya’ll definitely need an oil and gas attorney helping you with this… JUST MY OPINION Freestone County A-35 and surrounding area:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

1 Like

Is this offer from Surprise Valley Resources? SVR is leasing for Comstock, and has recorded leases covering more than 60,000 gross acres, mostly in Leon County, but some in Robertson and Freestone.

They just began writing leases in Freestone, recording their first seven on February 8.

I have lots of production in Freestone County, and am frustratingly dealing with Surprise Valley in Leon County and some other counties. I’m curious where you got that cool map, Clint. Thanks most kindly (it’s hard for me living in another state). Karen

Hello Karen…this is the link to the RR Commission GIS mapping viewer… https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/gisviewer/

This link is a tutorial on the use of the map viewer… Public GIS Viewer (Map)

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.