Mineral Lease Deed Transfer in OK

My father recently passed. He has deeded ownership of mineral rights in Pittsburg County OK . It was his desire to pass those on to myself and two brothers. None of us live in OK, and none of us live in the same state. I would like ownership transferred from the deceased prior to the current lease expiring What is the best process?

If he had a will & it was probated in Pittsburg County, there really isnt much you need to do. If it was filed elsewhere, just get it filed there too.

If he didnt have a will, you can show your ownership by having an affidavit of heirship drawn up & filed there.