Mineral Interests in Fayette County

My mom inherited some mineral interests just south of W FM 2237 I the area outlined in black. Any one know if there’s any increase in activity there. I think it’s in the M Muldoon Survey A-74. She used to leases all of the time, but it’s been without a lease for several years. Any info is greatly appreciate

Nothing to speak of, this far North or West. Fayette County leasing seems to be pretty much limited to one company leasing the Flatonia area near I-10, mostly East and North of I-10 and then East of Hwy 77.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it! Am hoping things heat up our way, soon! :slight_smile:

Sarah, I also have interests in the M Muldoon Survey A-74 and have been waiting for some action. I live in Arkansas now and it’s scary to think something might happen without my being contacted. When I inherited that lease I sent ’ Affidavits of Heirship to many counties where I might be a interest owner. Waiting.

There had been activity 10+ years ago, but it seems to have dried up where my Mom’s interest is located. Other areas near by seem hot. Please let me know if you hear anything- I’ll do the same. :blush:

Will do.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Kraut: Nice to know you are still kicking around in the great state of Arkansas. Haven’t heard anything out of you for the last 5-7 or more years. The area you are located in, had a good run starting back in 2008; but, it abruptly ran out of steam and nothing much has happened since. It’s still dead. To my knowledge, there is no leasing or drilling activity within ~10 miles of this Muldoon area. There are two relatively new wells in Flatonia, just North and East of I-10 and they are talking about drilling another one on the South Side of I-10. The company that bought out or took over Sanchez started drilling a couple of wells West of Flatonia; but, they had some problems and haven’t heard much out of them. The only other leasing or drilling is East of Hwy 77 and that is about 15 or more miles East of the Muldoon area.

Hey, Bigfoot. It’s nice to hear from you too. I’ve been kind of monitoring things down there and I have noticed the activity east of Hwy 77. I’m still hoping and wishing. :slight_smile:

Big Foot, what company is doing most of the leasing around Flatonia?

There is basically no leasing in and around Flatonia at this time. There is an extremely small amount of leasing going on within a few miles of Flatonia. Mainly on the Northeast and East side and that is by one company—-Tri-C Energy. They have two relatively new wells (~2 years or so) in that area and are supposedly going to drill another one East of town, South of I-10 and are picking up some acreage to support that effort. Only talk right now. Sabine Energy is still picking up a few acres adjacent to their old Geo Southern wells on occasion; but, very few. No other leasing going on, period!

Interestingly, I have heard that the two Lonestar Operating wells drilled West of Flatonia out on Old Waelder Road are using jet pumps for oil lift. No longer any flares. Just rumor that the two wells combined are producing about 1100-1200 bbs/day.

Are the Lonestar wells the new drills, or the old E & B FMC from '14?

Tri-C is a well established company with a long history of success. That is good to hear they are in the area. Who was taking the leases in the area back in 2018 and early 2019? I heard that some earlier short term leases have expired and not been renewed.

Since the Flatonia wells are between 10 and 15 miles from me I haven’t been following any of these wells very closely; but, to answer your question, as far as I can tell, the two Lone Star wells are new wells drilled sometime in early 2019. It took them a long time to complete the wells and start producing. Not a lot of scuttle butt information; but, some of us suspect that they had some real downhole problems, either during initial drilling or during the fracking process. Again, not sure but I suspect they waited until both wells were drilled so they could frac both at the same time. Just note that the laterals of both wells are extremely long.

On another note, the Tri-C wells Are located North and East of Flatonia and the Lone Star wells are located North and West of town.

Hi there. Just checking in to see if you’ve heard about any activity in the M Muldoon Survey A-74. I haven’t, but hoping you have some news. Take care!

There were six wells or so that were active in the 80’s but they were all plugged. As far as I know, no releases were ever filed. Is that going to deter anyone from trying to lease the interests?

Hi Sarah. :grinning: I’m not savvy enough to know about past releases and I have heard nothing since I received mine from the M Muldoon A-74 Survey. I guess we’re both in the dark. :confused: 0601191622_Burst01 (2)

Sarah, I have been trying to find my copy of the release from the A-74. When I do find it, I will post a copy for you. Here it is…

Thank you! Was hoping to see some activity in this area soon. Heard anything?

Nothing happening around here. The closest thing I have seen lately is East of LaGrange. About 45 miles and about 35 miles from the Muldoon area. If the crude prices stay up, I’m hoping to see some leasing feelers here and there. Politics is so insane and divisive with this bunch, it is going to take a brave soul to stretch and take any chances right now. Good Luck!

Good luck to you as well, and best wishes!!

1 Like