Mineral deed - signed by out-of-state executor

A deceased person had mineral rights in Mississippi. Deceased owner resided and died in another state. Can the duly appointed (non Mississippi) estate executor (personal representative) sign a standard mineral dead to transfer the mineral rights to the rightful heir? And then just send that notarized deed to the county clerk in Mississippi for recording? This is a simple uncontested will with only one heir.

Yes, I believe so, if the executor was independent of court authority. As far as legal, yes. However, there will need to be some things filed in Mississippi, or perhaps even ancillary proceedings conducted there. It depends on the size of the Mississippi estate and what state the estate was opened.