Mineral Deed Question


My sister and I each own about 4 nma in S-T-R, McClain County, OK. The quiet title shows that our two cousins own about 1 nma in the same S-T-R. Our cousins gave me title to their nma’s. So I now own ~ 6 nma’s. I have learned that my sister is hurt over this. So in wanting to make things right with her, I want to deed ~1 nma to her. So my question is about the wording on the deed:

(my name) does hereby grant, bargain, sell and convey unto (my sister’s name) hereinafter called Grantee all of my undivided interest in and to all of the oil, gas, and other minerals in and under and that may be produced from the following described lands situated in McClain County, State of Oklahoma, to-wit:

Approximately 1 net mineral acres located in S-T-R..., McClain County, OK

Does the wording on this deed transfer ALL my nma (approximately 6 nma’s) in this S-T-R or just the 1.1111 nma’s? I know this seems very petty for such small nma’s, but…just wanting to keep peace in the family… thank you…


I strongly suggest using an attorney to draft the deed.


Thank you, Mr. Howell… I appreciate your reply… Teddie


I agree with Rick. You have to get it worded perfectly with an exact description and mention the 1.11 acres or you may end up accidentally deeding all of it to her. While you are at it, make sure the attorney checks the cousin’s deeds to make sure they were worded properly.


Thank you, Ms. Barnes. Again - really appreciate your advice…