Mineral Deed Newbie - inherited from grandfather

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to read this. I just found a mineral deed that I inherited from my grandfather, which he bought in 1934. It is 1/64 interest, in Culberson County, TX. It says it is: “South Half of the North East Quarter of Section I Block One Hundred and Seventeen Public School Land Survey.” It is with Anderson- Prichard Oil Corporation. Can someone help me determine it’s value and next steps needed to move forward? Thank you.

Hi Anna, That survey is in Reeves County not Culberson (Are you sure it’s Culberson?) but I have to say it’s in a really good area! Double check the description and County and if you have an abstract # that would be great.

My bad Anna, You are in Culberson. I found your survey, you are a little to the west of Cimarex activity as well as COG. They are targeting the Wolfcamp and Bone Springs in that area. How far west it will end up going, we just don’t know yet???

Hello Anna…This GIS map shows Culberson County Section 1/Block 117/A-4437…I see no activity or production for miles in either direction…2 dry holes were drilled in 1979 & 1980 in the surrounding area.

DOUBLE LEFT CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles