Mineral buyers sending letters

Howard Co, TX; T2N, Bl 32, Sec 31

Hi y’all! Pretty new here. I’ve been getting a few offers on this section, which I don’t know much about. Is there any activity here and could someone be so kind to throw up a map for this area? TIA! Tricia

(I apologize for this ignorant sounding post. I need to read up on drilling!)

1 Like

Hello @alwaztypin, there are 8 producing horizontal wells beginning in Section 31 and ending in Section 42. The lease name is Shields Unit A. There are 3 lease numbers associated with these 8 wells. Lease # 47274, Lease # 47692 and Lease # 47757. Production from well #38251 and 39704 are commingled into Lease # 47274. Production from well #38630 and 39705 are commingled into Lease # 47692. Production from well #38668, 38934, 39691 and 39701 are commingled into Lease # 47757. The producer of these wells is Oxy USA, Inc. These 1st of these 8 wells was drilled and completed in 2015. This link is to the approved drilling permit for one of the wells](https:// Clint_Liles Hello alwaztypin, there are 8 producing horizontal wells beginning in Section 31 and ending in Section 42. The lease name is Shields Unit A. There are 3 lease numbers associated with these 8 wells. Lease # 47274, Lease # 47692 and Lease # 47757. Production from well #38251 and 39704 are commingled into Lease # 47274. Production from well #38630 and 39705 are commingled into Lease # 47692. Production from well #38668, 38934, 39691 and 39701 are commingled into Lease # 47757. The producer of these wells is Oxy USA, Inc. These 1st of these 8 wells was drilled and completed in 2015. This link is to the approved drilling permit for one of the wells) http://webapps2.rrc.texas.gov/EWA/drillingPermitDetailAction.do?methodToCall=searchByUniversalDocNo&universalDocNo=489670016&rrcActionMan=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1Qu27DMAz8mnQU9EhcLxyMIp2bNGgGI4NiC4oA2TIouQ9AH1_aRYHU6ZxJ5B11PF4WnIPMggsQD4hN1SQX-n2Dbc1PMOMf5qyHIUpGNEvmU0dmw_tKVSUnXsJKPm-PFZVqKlt03rvevhjsXIq70eDXjyhrAw2toTPpEtpDeNLeE7ABNGnE_hBejcbmQlAJ_MZLHWe2QhvZoFF3b9qPZrZIHqR8VGWhJkMkeDbW9fHo0iRGan96IRf99fxirbhXBPH39AIGbQ1enfhvHuJUL-cmqyCyBMGzomINPG_oLQi4_X2XNL8BJM4_4F0CAAA

GIS Map of Howard County Section 31/Blk 32T2N/A-278:

LEFT CLICK TO ENLARGE MAP

I did see a new rig to the south of you on Section 43 called Dobby by Ovintiv. You may be receiving offers due to new activity near by.

@NMoilboy; @Clint_Liles Clint-Liles Do any of you have any information further east on Block 25 section 5, Block 26 section 9,10,15,16,33,38,39,40 H. T.T.C. Survey Howard and Mitchell County , potential as well as fair price per acre NRA or NMA. Always been told to far east, but drilling seems to be working its way that way, with some wells producing in other areas that were once said to far east

yeah, sorry, no real help there. It’s IMO way too far east for Wolfcamp/Spraberry production. I guess its right in the middle of the Cline Shale play which was a bust but maybe gets new legs at $100 oil? Folk are drilling pretty good Strawn wells just on the Scurry/Mitchell border.

Not a geologist here, when there is no production data I just kind of shrug. Seems unlikely to be productive, but the only thing that changes is that everything changes (except the geology). At the rate they are drilling up the Midland Basin Wolfcamp it won’t have much left (that is currently known) in > 10 years.

3 Likes

Rodney, seems as though the further you go North/East in Howard County the production really falls off with the Spraberry wells…as far as price per NRA or NMA I can’t help you there. Clint

1 Like

I’m fairly new at all this, I inherited mineral rights in Howard Co. about 6 months ago.Leech 32-41 unit A Larado Petroleum is the drilling company, I believe there is just one well currently but heard from a family member more wells are coming… wondering if the frac hit I read about effected our oil production as royalties seem to have gone down quite a bit. How are Frac Hits fixed? Sorry in advance for the stupid questions, trying to educate myself but there is a lot to learn and the offers to sell don’t stop…

Howard County/Laredo Petroleum/Lease # 51168 NonniL this link is to total production by month on the Leech 32-41 Unit A well # 1LS. Looks as though the last month of production that oil production was cut in half.

LEFT CLICK ON DOCUMENT TO ENLARGE

Laredo drilled 6 more wells in the Leech Unit (which they have now made 3 miles long). They fracked the ones by you in Mar-Apr.

As your production was down in Feb that probably means that they stopped producing your well, prob pulled tubing/GLVs or whatever and set a plug or pumped into it to pressure it up. Before the frac. Then once the fracking is done, they will return your well to production. It probably will start out making a lot more water than prior and hopefully will eventually return to what it was doing in the past.

In my experience “frac hit” can mean anything associated with an offset frac that reduces the production in the older wells. Getting hit with water. Or sand flowback. Or just having to shut in your well due to frac protect and then waiting on a workover rig. Sometimes the well comes back easily, sometimes it has to move a bunch of water, sometimes it needs a cleanout. Usually if you set a plug or pressure it up (i.e. “frac protect”) you limit the severity of the situation. We’d have some wells that would come back better.

You’ll be getting paid on the new wells that will be making something like 10 times as much (each, originally) as the old well, so you may not even notice what it does.

1 Like

thank you so much for your information!

I don’t really understand your map, can you please high light the new wells for me? thank you

This is great info, NMoilboy. Thank you. Where can one find this info? Loredo is not very forthcoming with us rights-holders.

Those 6 wells are the new wells. Hopefully Laredo drills straighter than I can draw line with a mouse.

Danderson, I got that from DrillingInfo which is a paid service that I have access to through other means. Its pretty expensive and only worth it if you are doing this on a regular basis on a larger scale.

So far no division orders have been paid out, Laredo informed us they are waiting on the titles for these newer Leech wells. does this sound right? how long does this process usually take? thank you for any insight.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.