Midland County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Midland County, TX. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

I have mineral rights in Midland County and I am trying to find out what the signing bonuses are going for there right now. Anyone know?

I have appx 640 acres in yoakum county section 505 506 Block.

im interested in leasing. Any one know of activity in that area?

Michael Patterson

Lacy, it varied widely based on where your acreage is located. If you could give me a block number that would help.

Does anyone who worked with Seismic data or Petty Geophysical remember the seismic map animal artwork? They were popular with the Data people working in Midland during the late 60's or early 70's. I would like some info or photos like this:EVASIVE%20ANTICLINAL%20PALEOZOIC%20ART.jpg

They named the formation found in seismic data. The one I have is the Evasive Anticlinal Paleozoic. I remember my dad having posters, ashtrays and etc. Very clever.

Looking for comparable Lease offers in Midland County. Near Section 14, Block 39.

I know of a company who has both a WI and an ORI in a well in Midland County. They disputed the JIBs and didn't pay for some time. Now the operator has contacted the purchasers and is withholding not only the WI for JIB payments, but has also withheld the ORI. Is withholding an ORI to pay for WI expenses legal?

Need to look at the language of the instrument or contract that created the ORI first. Also need to look at the operating agreement language.

Lacy. I just this past month signed a lease for my mineral rights in Midland. I am 1/32 ownership and was given $400 per acre.

We are actively leasing in Midland County. Let me know if you would like me to take a look at your acreage for an offer. Please take note if you are leased if your deep rights might be open. I can help you with seeing if it open or not depending on production and lease language. Mr. Caldwell can probably also help if we run into confusing language.

We are an operator in Midland Basin and looking for more minerals and leases. If you have properties there, please contact me directly. Thanks a lot!

Ron Yang

Email: rshyang@haimo.com.cn

Cell: 832-858-8176

Good Afternoon,

My family and I have land to lease in DAWSON county Texas, it is about 240 acres in block 35 section 2 T4N, we are not interested in selling it just lease the minerals, if you are interested in this contact me on here or e-mail me at marc.rogers33@yahoo.com Thank you

Our family received a PSA in the mail a few days before the end of the year and said they needed it signed quickly... before the end of the year. Hannathon Petroleum currently leases the property (Howard County)... they want us to sign the PSA with Encana for a portion of the lease. The PSA has not been signed... lots of family member spread out all over the state. Our lease allows us to withhold a PSA for reasonable circumstances. Does anyone have any advice about Encana? Thanks in advance.

Good Afternoon

We have 160 acres in DAWSON county for lease not sale the are located in the N/W 4 of section 28 Block 35 T5N, we own all depths and mineral rights there are 4 of us if you are interested contact me at marc.rogers33@yahoo.com Thank you

Good Afternoon,

My family and I have 2 areas of land for lease in Dawson County, there are 4 of us, we only own the minerals, we do not want to sale, we have one area that is 240 acres, it is in Block 35 section 2 T4N, the 160 is in Block 35 Section 28 T5N. please contact me at marc.rogers33@yahoo.com if you have any questions. thank you

I currently have 80 acres open in 14-5. Possibly looking to sale

Good Afternoon,

My family and I have 2 areas of land for lease in Dawson County, there are 4 of us, we only own the minerals, we do not want to sale, we have one area that is 240 acres, it is in Block 35 section 2 T4N, the 160 is in Block 35 Section 28 T5N. please contact me at marc.rogers33@yahoo.com if you have any questions. thank you

WARNING, STAY WAY FROM AUGUSTA ENERGY!!! not sure who or what they are, made us an offer to lease our land we agreed and they asked for all kinds of info old leases, then vanished, refused to answer any e-mail or text!! STAY AWAY

I have a working interest in a well located in S/2 OF J W Hines survey, Block 37, A-573, T-2-S, Midland County, Texas. I have been made an offer to buy that interest by a company in Midland. I live in San Antonio so don't have a good handle on what is happening in the Midland area. Any info would be appreciated. This offer came out of the blue!

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf