Memorandum of oil and gas lease

hi i am new to this site i just have a few questions ... first off i have inheritaded some rights from my father when he had passed away ... i had signed a memorandum oil and gas least on june 7,2011 and that was as far as that went ... so my next question is when should i be hearing whats going on with it .. the property is in gonzales texas .. also they have already been producing so what comes next ? when will i get the divison order? some one please help with these questions i have googled it a million times and still no answer....

thanks for your time holly farrell

Holly,

First off, the Memorandum you signed is a watered down version of the actual Oil and Gas Lease. The Memorandum is what they file of record in the county, to give limited information to the public. So, there should be an actual lease around somewhere. If there is production on the property, and you have never received any additional info, it sounds like 1) you are not in the unit, or 2) they can't find you. If there has been production for a long time, and you are in the unit, you should have already received a division order, or at least a ratification.

I would dig out the lease (or memorandum) and try to contact who you leased to. Unless they have transferred the lease to someone else, they should at least be able to help you with some info.

so is this the actual lease then the memodrandum oil and gas lease for EOG resources?/? WOOTTON UNIT LEASE # 17051 API#42-177-32956 plz i am really struggling to find any info and when to expect divison orders..... do they ever email the divion orders ?

It certainly appears that the well that you are referencing has been producing... I am not great at navigating on the TRC website, so I could not find a plat of the unit....

If I were you, I would contact EOG with the information you have above, and ask them what the status is. I believe they actually have a department within the company that could help you..

i had finally got a reply from eog they said it appears that the intrest i owe was formly being credited to my predecessor i dont understand what that means ...

does it mean they were paying someone else ?? will i be repayed that or no

It means they were still paying to your father or his estate, or crediting it to him.

Have you considered going to the EOG office, I think in San Antonio, and making your case? Looking someone in the eye always seems to help.