Meigs County, OH - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Meigs County, OH oil & gas discussion group. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Was in records office last month and the folks working said they are starting to see an increase in people searching leases. Deals are happening in Athens County now - will surely come to Meigs. Looks like someone needs to step up to organize landowners/ small producers.

Yes, organizeing land owners is the way to go. i'm in col. co. and it has paid off here. lease bonas, more than trippeled after land owners started organizeing. even small land owneres has benifitted. they are leaseing indivgual lots,adding them in with the larger acerage.

Seems not much is happening in Megis co. all the action is in Athens. can anyone explain why? seems to me Meigs would would be better for several reasons.

ANYONE KNOW OF ANY INJECTION WELLS IN MEIGS CO.? MAHONING CO. HAS SHUT ONE DOWN,THEY CLAIM IT IS CAUSING EARTHQUAKES. A LOT OF ACTIVITY IN COL. AND MAHONING AT THE PRESENT TIME. LEASE BONUS ARE UP TO $ 6,000 AN ACR.+ 20% ROYALITY.

Just read the athens news, cunningham energy just filed 35000 acrs. of leases. noticed that some acerage was in meigs co.

anyone have info on what twp. it was in?

I do not know of any injection wells ,but I do know of several salt wells in the pomeroy area that could easliey be used for injection well sights

Go to the meigs county recorders office and type in cunningham energy llc and it will pull up the leases that are pending until march 15, if they don’t find what they are looking for they can drop the leases

LOOKING AT THE MAPS, IT LOOKS LIKE MEIGS CO IS IN THE WET GAS AERA OF THE UTICA SHALE. THIS SHOULD ATTRACT SOME OF THE BIG PLAYERS. ITS JUST A GUESS, BUT I THINK CUNNINGHAM ENERGY AND ALL THE ACTION IN ATHENS CO, IS JUST A SHILL FOR A LARGER COMPANY. I DOUBT THAT CUNNINGHAM WILL EVER DRILL A WELL ON THEIR OWN. WHEN THE REAL PLAYERS START LEASING IN MEGIS CO. FOR 5K AND 6K AN ACER THE PEOPLE THAT LEASED FOR 2,500 IN ATHENS WILL WONDER WHAT HAPPENED. I HAVE ALLREADY SEEN THIS HAPPEN IN COL. CO.

I found 16 leases were signed in olive township by devron energy

INTERESTING ABOUT THE LEASES SIGNED IN OLIVE TOWNSHIP BY DEVRON ENERGY. ANY INFO ON THE AMOUNT OF LEASE BONAS PAID PR ACER, OR ROYALITY PAYMENTS?

no, it did not list anything on the leases at the records office, but i did not go into alot of detail on studing them yet.

THANKS, I KNOW THEY MOSTLY JUST RECORD THE MEMERANDOM OF LEASE WHICH DOES NOT GO INTO THE ROYAITY OR BONUS PAYMENTS. THE COMPANTS DOS'NT WANT THAT INFO MADE PUBLIC.

I just heard Cunningham energy is going to be offering everyone in meigs county a chance to lease their land, I believe they must have struck oil in Athens already and found a big silent partner to buy back leases would be my guess

WOW, CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE DEAL.YES RICK I THINK YOUR RIGHT. SILENT PSRTNER IS _ DEVON ENERGY NO DOUBT. KEEP ME POSTED.

I SEE THEIR IS A LANDOWNERS GROUP FROM ATHENS CO. MEETING IN SHADE 1 28 12. THEY HAVE 1600 ACERS, AND ARE INVITEING LANDOWNERS FROM MEIGS CO. TO JOIN THEM, ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS?

It’s at 6:00 at the shade elementry , it’s to sign up with the group which I think is southeastern Ohio landowners association. I think it might be the one based out of Marietta , it consists of a team of about 5 people that is going to fly to Texas and try to get the best deal for the leases, and I think it is the last meeting of 4

No I was wrong just found the info go southern Ohio energy consultants llc , it’s the second meeting

ANYONE SNGNING UP WITH THE SOUTHERN OHIO LAND OWNERS GROUP? I SAW THEY HAVE OVER 350 MEMBERS IN ATHENS AND MEIGS CO. AND CLOSE TO 3000 ACERS. I HAVE ASK FOR MORE INFO. ON THE GROUP BUT HAVEN'T GOT IT YET.

What do you need to know. I know all about it