Meaning of Oil Report

Just read on the weekly Montana oil report as follows: Roosevelt County NW SE 32 29N 51E Poplar East completed 8/29/2014 TD 5925. As I have mineral rights in that area I was wandering what TD5925 refers to.

Jim:

I would guess it refers to "Total Depth". If this is correct, the well was completed in a zone above the Bakken.

Jim,

The location is in the heart of Nautilus' playground where they have been producing from the Madison formation for a long time. More recently, it appears that Nautilus has plans to develop another formation called the "Charles C which is a little shallower than the 5925 total depth you mentioned If you can find an API number I will try to find out more. The API Number would be 25-085-XXXXX.

Nautilus may think they have your minerals in a unit. It is worth checking as there may be a enhanced recovery plan in the area.

Jim,

My informed sources tell me that the well you mentioned is API 25-085-21902 and is a CO2 injection well. stay tuned. The success of the enhanced recover system in the section may be determined in the first quarter 2015. Check Magellan's web site for progress. GLH

Gary L. Hutchinson said:

Jim,

The location is in the heart of Nautilus' playground where they have been producing from the Madison formation for a long time. More recently, it appears that Nautilus has plans to develop another formation called the "Charles C which is a little shallower than the 5925 total depth you mentioned If you can find an API number I will try to find out more. The API Number would be 25-085-XXXXX.

Nautilus may think they have your minerals in a unit. It is worth checking as there may be a enhanced recovery plan in the area.

Gary L Hutchinson

Minerals Management

Thanks Gary for the followup. Magellan site was very helpful.