Mckenzie ND inheritence

I really don't know much about any of this stuff at all. I just inherited the mineral rights when my mother passed away. I now have all these leasing companies wanting me to call them and sign leases.

Here is some of what I have, I think there is more according to my Uncle.

Township 152 North, Range 95 West:

Section 3: Lot 4

Section 4: Lots 5, 6, 10, 11, 12 and the SW 1/4

Section 5: Lots 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10

Section 9: NW 1/4

I have started to receive small royalty checks from the Hess Corporation.

The wells listed on their sheet:


Hawkey Madison Unit TR-0005

Hawkey Madison Unit TR-0009

Hawkey Madison Unit TR-0016

In November the HA-Mogen netted them $164,216.71 of this I got $81.77. My DISB Decimal is 0.00049794.

I am trying to find out how many ways the mineral rights are split. I know initially it was four ways, but may have diverged some. Would Hess have this information?

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I start poking around and I find this, 1959 and 25 cents an acre....What am I missing? Not sure why the whole thing does not show up:

OG5400002 PR MCK 152/95/4 LOT 10 50% 2/24/1959 2/24/1959 1/8 $0.25 20 40
Multiple Lessee Information

OG5400002 PR MCK 152/95/4 LOTS 5,6,11,12 50% 2/24/1959 2/24/1959 1/8 $0.25 80 160
Multiple Lessee Information

OG5400002 PR MCK 152/95/4 SW4 50% 2/24/1959 2/24/1959 1/8 $0.25 80 160


Do you have a copy of the original lease agreement with Hess Coportation? This lease would provide the information on your net mineral acres and % royalty. I would search all the paperwork for this document. If you cannot find it, then contact Hess Corporation (land department) in regards to obtaining a copy. After you obtain a copy of this lease, you should be able to figure out what share of the well production would apply to you. If you proceed to lease additional minerals, be sure to shop around in order to get the best % royalty, most $/acre and the least amount of lease time. You might also check the County Clerk's office in McKinzie County to make sure that all your mineral interests are on file.