McKenzie County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

R W Kennedy, Would you know of a good MT lawyer in the Sidney, Richland county area? Thanks also for your other comment.

Bonnie, I would record a statement of claim, stating that the purpose of your statement of claim is so your rights can not be extinguished. Even if you were wrong and the acres are not yours, you do not slander anyone’s title. To actually get title to the acres in your name will probably require a quiet title suit.

Bonnie, I am sorry to say I have no one to recommend. I would start by searching the Forum with the search function at the top right and or asking in the Montana county forums for recommendations. Hopefully Eastern MT will weigh in on this. I would certainly send them a friend request and PM them.

Do any of you have minerals in 154 94 Section 33 in the Missouri River that has pipelines running under it from wells on the north bank of the river in Alkali Creek? I wondered if the State has claimed any royalties from the wells. Does anyone know?

My family and I were quite satisfied with Atty. Nate Bouray, Dickinson ND 701-225-LAWS or ndlaw.com. He is very knowledgeable, gets back to you quickly and his fee is reasonable.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a McKenzie county attorney to use for probate issues? Thanks for any information.

Angie, thank you so much! Really appreciate the lead.

I got an offer from Overland Minerals & Royalties and I suggest nobody deal with them if you can help it. $50,241.07. There is zero mention of how many acres OR price per acre. There is however this which tells what else is included in the sale:

"(III) all bonuses, royalties, overriding royalties, oil payments, gas payments, production
payments, pooling payments, escheated funds, or payments, revenues, payments, accounts,
suspended funds, refunds, interest on overdue payments, and all other things of value payable by
any lessee, operator, purchaser of production, seller of production, or other person, parties, or
party whatsoever, with respect to any oil, gas and/or other minerals produced from, or
attributable to, the Lands before, on or after the effective date of

It just cuts off at “effective date of” and continues on the next page as if something is missing

As there is a full 8 years of payments in suspense and I never received a bonus payment it doesn’t sound like a great deal.

There are new wells drilled from which I have received nothing yet.

Certainly not a deal for me. I also have qualms about some of the language in relation to the fact that there is no mention of acreage, not even an approximate “more or less” number, even though there is language that says the price is scalable if I own more or less acres and $50,241.07 seems an awfully precise number to not be based on anything

It appears to be an attempt to largely or wholly buy me out with my own money. I was asked to delete my previous post. I have done so although I generally don’t delete anything. I hope this is a satisfactory replacement.

If you get an offer such as this and you are interested, take it to your lawyer the (III) part above removes all curiosity on my part.

I second that motion… A gem is a gem weather in its rough state or cut and polished… Mr Kennedy is both of those , brutally honest and spot on. And with an infinite knowledge base, he is truly a asset to this forum. Brian…

And a strong third. Mr. Kennedy is the heart of this forum. A friend for those who want good information.

I just received a fairly interesting lease offer of $6,500 bonus per net mineral acre and 20% royalty in T-151 R-97 section 24 from an investor.

Nice to be appreciated.

My family is looking for an oil and gas abstractor in or close to Williston. Does anyone have someone they would recommend?

Sorry, you can tell I’m from out of state. Probably would work better for us to find a firm in Watford City. Our minerals are in McKenzie County.

Jackie, what is it you are trying to do? If you are trying to figure out what you own, there are land companies there that will research it, or possibly landmen who will do it in their off time.

Mitchell, I see a well drilled in 2015 just north of you in T-147 R-104 section 36 which doesn’t look great but not really poor either. Same with another well from 2011 in 147-R-104 S-34. I see two locations were granted mid 2017 but they were never drilled. Best I have at the moment.

The cost of drilling has come way down. They generally don’t need $100 oil anymore. In my opinion $70 a barrel is now equivalent to high $90’s in 2008 for profitability. I hope you get some action.

Hello, this is my first time putting anything out on this site, though I have been monitoring it for a while. I own 80 mineral acres in T-146 R-104, 10 & 2. I haven’t leased it since the “crash.” At one time, in the 80’s, there was a “natural well,” which was plugged during bad times; subsequent to that always been leased up until 2015. I was wondering, now that things seem to be turning around, such as it is, can anyone comment regarding any general growing activity in and around the Squaw Gap area? I’d be curious about any lease offers and/or any rumors, or whatever…? Thanks in advance to any response!

My family is looking for an oil and gas abstractor in or close to Williston. Does anyone have someone they would recommend?

Sorry, you can tell I'm from out of state. Probably would work better for us to find a firm in Watford City. Our minerals are in McKenzie County.

Jackie, what is it you are trying to do? If you are trying to figure out what you own, there are land companies there that will research it, or possibly landmen who will do it in their off time.

Hello, this is my first time putting anything out on this site, though I have been monitoring it for a while. I own 80 mineral acres in T-146 R-104, 10 & 2. I haven't leased it since the "crash." At one time, in the 80's, there was a "natural well," which was plugged during bad times; subsequent to that always been leased up until 2015. I was wondering, now that things seem to be turning around, such as it is, can anyone comment regarding any general growing activity in and around the Squaw Gap area? I'd be curious about any lease offers and/or any rumors, or whatever...? Thanks in advance to any response!