McKenzie Co ND Leasing

my brother and sisters were offered a lease for 2 sections in McKenzie county, North Dakota, which we accepted. We signed the lease with Page Petroleum for Sundance Oil and Gas. We received a draft for the lease monies, but now Sundance Oil and Gas has canceled the offer thru Page Petroleum. Is there a way to find out if the sections are up for lease or not? sections 1 and 12, range 97, township 158. From what I can determine in our old lease, with Lone tree, the lease was up in 2013. the other 3 sections we leased with Lone tree have wells on them. Any help is appreciated. Ardis till Jackson

Ardis,

Merry Christmas!!

Continental completed a well in Feb/ 2013 with your spacing designation. The well has made over 50K Barrels. Your siblings should have gotten a Division Order by now assuming their title is good.

Happy Holidays

Gary L Hutchinson

Thank you for the information, I am sorry to have gotten the township wrong, should have been 153, range 98, I do appreciate your help anyway--

Whoops!! Too much Christmas Cheer?

That is literally a different kettle of fish. Both sections are within the river banks. It doesn't look like the unit can be drilled except from out side. However, not to worry, the long range plan may be to incorporate the land in a 2580 acres unit and fan out the drilling. Tell your kin to make sure their next deal is with a major operator that has surrounding acreage and plans. It will be a challenge to make a fair deal so maybe some help will be needed.

GLH = (aka Santa)

ardis jackson said:

Thank you for the information, I am sorry to have gotten the township wrong, should have been 153, range 98, I do appreciate your help anyway--

Thanks, Merry Christmas