McCone County, MT - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

McCone County, MT oil & gas discussion group. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Hi,my name is Sharon Kay Maiden my family and I have the mineral rights to our grandfathers homestead south of the river from Wolf Point, I was raised there, but now I live in Houston Texas. I spoke to a man in Bozeman the other day, he said that there is alot of activity going on in McCoun county, and the company that is over this area is in all theplaces s baced here in Houston ,,,I was so excited, I said who are they and I will take a box of Shipply donuts and see what we can do. But they cannot do that, he will tell them about me and if the company wants to do buisness with me and my family.. I wasnt to happy with that, but at least I mite be noticed. I see that there is 9 from McCone county,,,now there is 10,,,,me and my family. I would like to be on the list, my e-mail address is sharonmaiden@att.net let me no

sharon, by any chance is the company donco?

Hi here,,they wouldn't tell me rhe name of the company's name, hey said they weren't aloud to tell me. I have talked to two men sence then,I will let you no. Its like looking for a needle in a haystack sence I don;t no anything about this whole thiing,,but I am going to learn !!!! Sharon Kay Maiden

how about the individuals names or else their companies name, as you are most definitely talking to what is called a "landman". these companies gather large acreage for the oil drilling companies.

My family has sign a lease with the following company on mineral rights in McCone county. You might want to give them a call.

Douglas H. Rook
Vice President – Land & Business Development
Kraken Oil & Gas LLC
9821 Katy Freeway - Ste 460Houston, TX 77024713-360-7705 (office)drook@krakenoil.com

thanks Teri.

Does anyone know what Township/Sections were leased by Donc/Shale. 75,000 Acres?

Hi there, this is Sharon Kay Maiden. I called Mr. Rook this morning, he lives here in Houston Texas where we are living now. He said that they arent leasing in area about 10 miles from our township 26 . If I am not asking to much how much did you get paid for your property. I am so new at this,, the only gass and oil I no about is the gas station where our gas prices are at $3.04 LOL LOL LOL, If you hear from anyone else let me no if it's not to much trouble.

We received $200/acre on a 5 year lease.

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN I FIND OUT HOW TO DO ALL OF THIS STUF, ITS LIKE LOOKING FOR A NEEDLE IN A HEY STACK , I NO EVERYONE IS SO BUISY , BUT IF ANYONE COULD CALL OR E-MAIL ME ON WHAT I AM SIPOSE TO BE DOING. MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS sharonmaiden@att.net, and my phone number is 713-466-4656 I WILL SHARE ALL THE PEOPLE i HAVE SPOKEN TO. I AM RETIRED NOW , SO I CAN WORK ON THIS FOR MY ONLY LIVING UNCLE AND ALL OF MY COUSINS AND ME. SHARON KAY MAIDEN

Is there any drilling or permits being started in McCone?

Any new activity. Heard there have been some leasing offers?