McCone County Montana

I have oil and mineral rights in McCone County Montana, and am interested if anyone can tell me what the going rate per acre and upfront is these days? It’s been awhile since the land has been leased, but with the Bakken found, I’m thinking there may be some interest? Thanks, R Artz

Are they targeting the Bakken that far west? Have you seen any drilling near your property? My understanding is they are just beginning to test north of Elm Coulee in Richland County, MT.

All I know is that there are 4 producing wells 2 sections East of my property, and it is included in the Montana Thrust, as well as maps of the Bakken. I know there is leasing in Richland county going on.

Rebecca:

You can access the website for "Montana Minerals Management" and view past sales of minerals in Montana. It appears that Harvey Mineral Partners,LP has purchased minerals in McCone County in 2010 but the bonus/acre amount was very little. Don't know what kind of activity there is currently in that area. Good luck!!

My family was sent a mineral rights lease from Petro Hunt for parts of three sections in Dawson Co. The lease was for $30.00 per acre. My cousin in Billings is working on getting a higher amount. She has talked to the Landman for Petro Hunt.

I’ll email you.

We have 623 acres in Twnshp 19 50 east and have an offer of $50 per with a 1/8th Royalty with Petro Hunt. We are going to turn it down unless they can raise it. We just would like to know how much?

joseph Ross Pringle said:

My family was sent a mineral rights lease from Petro Hunt for parts of three sections in Dawson Co. The lease was for $30.00 per acre. My cousin in Billings is working on getting a higher amount. She has talked to the Landman for Petro Hunt.

3 sections is a lot of land, maybe that is why it is low. I am also going to call the landman. Would be interested and to just how cooperative they are to reality. You mentioned back in early Sept your cousin was going to talk with the landman. Any response?

John Johnson said:

We have 623 acres in Twnshp 19 50 east and have an offer of $50 per with a 1/8th Royalty with Petro Hunt. We are going to turn it down unless they can raise it. We just would like to know how much?

joseph Ross Pringle said:

As far as I can tell the wells I found are around Vida, MT
Raymond D Remmich said:

Are their any wells near Vida montana.........R Remmich

Thanks Charles, I’ll check them out.

charles s mallory said:

Rebecca:

You can access the website for "Montana Minerals Management" and view past sales of minerals in Montana. It appears that Harvey Mineral Partners,LP has purchased minerals in McCone County in 2010 but the bonus/acre amount was very little. Don't know what kind of activity there is currently in that area. Good luck!!

Rebecca have you leased your mineral rights? Are you located near Vida? We have multiple sections west of Route 13 southwest of Vida and West of Vida. I also have 400 acres boardering Richalnd County 25N50E. I am interested in what you have done or heard since last fall.